By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So why haven't they released Nintendo Selects for Wii U?

New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, and The Wonderful 101 should be the select games they first release at a price of $30.  New copies of Pikmin 3 and Lego City Undercover are very high on Amazon right now because what I assume from no more copies being made.  Towards Christmas time they can perhaps release Super Mario 3D World and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (already at $40 new on Amazon) for the selects line.

Wouldn't it make sense to release a select series?

Around the Network

I would die for a Pikmin 3 reprint.

Considering that it's been confirmed for 3DS, I hope that they announce Wii U selects soon.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Why do that when people still buy them at full price?

For the same reason the console itself won't get a price cut: it is a failure and that wouldn't change with any sale. So, instead of making some games/the console cheaper or reprinting some titles and loosing money they keep the same price and the stock that's left and they maximize the little money they can get until the year that the Wii U has left is over and the NX is launched.

Vodacixi said:
For the same reason the console itself won't get a price cut: it is a failure and that wouldn't change with any sale. So, instead of making some games/the console cheaper or reprinting some titles and loosing money they keep the same price and the stock that's left and they maximize the little money they can get until the year that the Wii U has left is over and the NX is launched.

Pretty hard to lose money off reprinting a game I would think unless you print way too many of them.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

I like buying my games new but I'm not buying Pikmin 3 for 90+ and 72+.  I believe Nintendo has already made their money off those titles and it is just people reselling sealed copies.  So Nintendo isn't making money off Pikmin 3 and Lego City Undercover anymore except for digital sales.

The simple answer is buy digital but I prefer physical copies.

They usually make Selects ~1 year before the successor console launches. I expcect the Wii U successor at the end of 2017, so we should get Nintendo Selects of Wii U Games at the end of this year ;)

sethnintendo said:
KLXVER said:

I like buying my games new but I'm not buying Pikmin 3 for 90+ and 72+.  I believe Nintendo has already made their money off those titles and it is just people reselling sealed copies.  So Nintendo isn't making money off Pikmin 3 and Lego City Undercover anymore except for digital sales.

Then buy the digital one since you couldnt be bothered to buy it when it was new.

They don't want me to replay Pikmin 3

[] [] [] {} [] 

Vodacixi said:

That's nonsense. How can you lose money by reprinting games, so more people can buy them and you get money for those games? Maybe if they sell the Selects at 5$, but they will probably sell them for 25$ or something.