By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you believe in Aliens?

Do you believe in Aliens?

Yes 196 77.17%

No 22 8.66%

I don't know 18 7.09%

Xbox rules. 17 6.69%

Total:253

I do believe there has to be life out there somewhere. And I certainly believe there is something intellegent...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

I cannot wait to see what we find out from our space telescopes within the next ten years. The next Hubble is supposed to launch this year or next year??? We keep finding more and more new systems that have common qualities to our Earth/system that I feel it's only a matter of time before we know for sure if there is life out there.

deskpro2k3 said:
Norris2k said:

Just for fun, but... technically speaking we are ! There is the visible Universe and we are in the center of it, because that's the very definition of the visible Universe. And there is outside, and we don't really know so much about it.

oh noes, i see you're one of those that technically think we're in the center of the solar system too or the galaxy. :p

Oh no, that's totally different ! The center of the solar system and galaxy are basically defined by their center of gravity, which are definitely not Earth. But the observable Universe is defined by what we can see, and because the observation point is Earth and because of the uniform speed of light, that's a sphere exactly centered on Earth. The Earth is the center of the observable Universe, that's more than scientific, that's the definition of it. In fact, even if we could measure outside of the observable Universe, because of the relative observation point that is Earth, and because of the relative uniformity of the Universe (that is the cosmological principle of homogenity of the Universe), we would still be in a sphere centered on Earth. And if the Universe is plane and infinite, we could go as far as we want in every direction, and that would not change that. Ok, the chance we are indeed the objective center are very thin, but it will be hard or even impossible to prove it.

And don't be stupid, think about what I said, we are not in a Science/Religion debate.

Norris2k said:
deskpro2k3 said:

oh noes, i see you're one of those that technically think we're in the center of the solar system too or the galaxy. :p

Oh no, that's totally different ! The center of the solar system and galaxy are basically defined by their center of gravity, which are definitely not Earth. But the observable Universe is defined by what we can see, and because the observation point is Earth and because of the uniform speed of light, that's a sphere exactly centered on Earth. The Earth is the center of the observable Universe, that's more than scientific, that's the definition of it. In fact, even if we could measure outside of the observable Universe, because of the relative observation point that is Earth, and because of the relative uniformity of the Universe (that is the cosmological principle of homogenity of the Universe), we would still be in a sphere centered on Earth. And if the Universe is plane and infinite, we could go as far as we want in every direction, and that would not change that. Ok, the chance we are indeed the objective center are very thin, but it will be hard or even impossible to prove it.

And don't be stupid, think about what I said, we are not in a Science/Religion debate.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

If the universe is so big, then there has to be something else out there besides us so yes I do believe in aliens.

The same question is probably being asked about us on a different planet as well.

Around the Network

There are billion stars, I dont think humanity is the only species put on trial by G-d. There are probably dozens of religions throughout the galaxy worshipping G-d under different forms.

I'm not naive enough to think that I know the answer, but in my opinion they do. Probably not advanced life forms (anywhere near us), likely small creatures like space-bacteria or something else.

deskpro2k3 said:

I'm a Vulcan, I don't get, and I don't make jokes.

ofc

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Why not, there trillions of trillions of planets in the universe. Its like guarantee alien existing but them coming to earth is very unlikely. Like I said there are trillions of trillions of planets and like trillions apart.