By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Star Fox Zero Facing Development Niggles, Another Delay Could Happen

Rumour: Star Fox Zero Facing Development Niggles, Another Delay Could Happen

Posted 3:30am Tue 9th Feb 2016 by Damien McFerran

"Just what I needed to see"

Star Fox Zero was supposed to be Christmas 2015's big Wii U release, but Nintendo took the brave decision to delay the game in order to give it a little more polish. However, we're now hearing reports that despite the extra effort, things are far from rosy with Fox McCloud's latest adventure.

Online sleuth and Nintendo Life contributor Liam Robertson has apparently been speaking to individuals close to the project, and reveals that the game still isn't quite where Nintendo wants it to be. The end result could be another delay.

Re: those Star Fox Zero rumours. I heard all the same disconcerting things about two weeks ago.

We've since contacted Robertson directly and he's elaborated a little more. He says that Nintendo's QA department is very concerned with how players will react to the "complex" motion controls - which have come under fire in the past - and that the entire project feels "disjointed". Platinum is of course involved, but Robertson has heard that the bulk of development is being handled by Shigeru Miyamoto's team. The team responsible for Mario Kart 8's maligned battle mode is in charge of multiplayer, according to Robertson's sources.

Robertson's track record for this kind of thing is solid - he was the one who leaked Mini Mario & Friends a month before it was officially announced and broke the news that Burnout creator Criterion almost did an F-Zero title, and he's done amazing work uncovering unreleased titles such as Project H.A.M.M.E.R. and Factor 5's Kid Icarus reboot. In short, he's a source we trust.

Could Star Fox Zero be hit with another delay, and will Nintendo be forced to scale back those motion controls to ensure the game is accessible to a wider audience? Let us know your thoughts by posting a reply below. In the meantime, check out Alex's (actually rather positive) impressions of the motion controls from last year's post-E3 event in 

Read the rest at the link below.

via gonintendo.com]

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

This is interesting. Nintendo has been developing motion controll games since before 2006, and games with gamepad motion controlls like Splatoon prove that Nintendo could make really good motion controll games. Why is this game the one having problems with MC?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I bet Platinum wishes they could use the full power of the Wii U (no game pad drainage) to make this game as amazing looking as possible and probably wishes there were traditional controls.

Dulfite said:
I bet Platinum wishes they could use the full power of the Wii U (no game pad drainage) to make this game as amazing looking as possible and probably wishes there were traditional controls.

This is probably why the game is having developmental troubles. Platinum Games has a vision for Star Fox that just doesnt match Nintendos desire for motion controls.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I thought the motion controls were optional in the game. Am I wrong about that?

Around the Network

Ready to go to the NX. Then, it will looks worse compared to the new library.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Hmm that's weird? Didn't they confirm the release date is still the same not too long ago? I'm going to just wait and see on this rumor....

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Dulfite said:

I do not see why they need to use the gamepad as a motion device? It is fin as just a controller that acts as a second screen. Screw Motion control! Just make the damned game!

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

A delayed game is always good, gaiiz.

Well, this is new.

Read.

Delay it, if it still sucks delay it some more. The last thing the starfox fans want is a poor game that will kill the series for good.