By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Star Fox Zero Facing Development Niggles, Another Delay Could Happen

just ditch the motion controls, its not like anybody is gonna use them anyways.

Around the Network

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed, though it would be a real shame.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Miyamoto & his team is responsible for adding something nobody actually cares about? Color me surprised...

Star Fox deserves a proper chance at success. It has potential to be a Nintendo staple but releasing a poor entry for the sake of innovation is going to ruin that.

Delay it, fix the issues, & release it for the next console. Sure, a slightly enhanced Wii U port won't look as impressive graphically as a built from the ground up game but the game would be better off regardless if these rumors are true

[] [] [] {} [] 

It's been reported already that motion controls are NOT mandatory. If you complain about an option, try using traditional controls. Here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/nintendo_says_that_star_fox_zeros_gyro_controls_can_be_turned_off

Why are people still thinking there's no other option?

This is not even surprising at this point. From bad console design to not realizing game development actually requires a plan to even releasing teasers for games 4+ years ago. Nintendo does not know what they are doing. They are like John McCain when he forgot how many houses he owned, just too old and too out of touch.

Just another game announced by Nintendo far too early.

Around the Network

Guys, it's not the motion controls that cause them a headache. It's the dual screen setup. Motion controls are easy to learn and they are optional so that's fine. But the dual screen setup is *not* optional, it is a core part of the game. And it's too complicated for an arcade shooter, apparently. And that's why they are having trouble with quality management.

I was reading that although it took some getting used to, the motion controls were the best controls. I believe this was from Nintendolife.

There's rumors of multiplayer? Hopefully that turns out to be true. Worried that the Mario Kart 8 battle mode team is developing it but its better than nothing. And Arwings can easily perform U-Turns and most importantly can fly anywhere... unless theres a huge building blocking you in the middle of the map. But they wouldnt do that right?

I do remember hearing about this.. wonder if the motion controls will be tweaked at all..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I hope that Platinum can use this new delay time to just get rid of the gamepad screen altogether and give the graphics a decent boost with the freed up processing capacity.  It made sense 2 years ago to try to make the second screen work back when Nintendo was still trying to justify the gamepad's existance.  At this point, though, I don't think there's any shame in not utilizing the gamepad... we all know what the Wii U's future is at this point and I think a lot of fans would be happy enough to just have a sweet-looking HD Star Fox game.