By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Realistically Does the Console NX Have Any Chance Against PS4/XB1?

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

This line of logic doesn't always work this way though. 

For example I remember everyone saying there's no way the GameCube could sell less than the N64, it had addressed the major problem of the N64 which was cartridges, was easy to program for (another big problem of the N64), had Resident Evil exclusivity and lots of other developer support ... and yet it ended up selling way less than the N64. 

Ditto for the Dreamcast, which in the end didn't sell much better than the Saturn despite being a much better system. 

No Nintendo console will have to come from further behind than the NX will. 

Yes, and GC actually was quite good console, but for GC problem was best selling console in world, PS2. But after GC we had best seling Nintendo console ever.

But Wii U was bloody mess in every possible way, you can't compare any Nintendo console in number of mistakes Nintendo made with Wii U, thats why Wii U will be worst selling Nintendo console.

Like I wrote, I think it nearly impossible to repeat all mistakes Nintendo made with Wii U again, especially because after terrible Wii U sales with NX they will much better job in order to have much better sales. When we talk about NX sales, IMO only certain thing is that X will have much better sales than Wii U.

What I'm saying is just becasue you fix mistakes doesn't neccessarily mean you are rewarded with better sales. 

The PS2 was only about 20 million ahead of the GameCube and GameCube was even with the XBox at 0 when the GameCube launched, console NX will be probably more like 50-60 million behind the PS4 and 25-30 million behind the XBox One. 

So in that way it's a worse position than the GameCube was in a pretty significant way. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
reggin_bolas said:
No it doesn't. And I firmly believe this will be the last generation for Nintendo has a hardware manufacturer.

You believed the same for the Wii U. Also noteworthy, that earthquake/tsunami that was supposed to take down Los Angeles and other cities at the American west coast last spring.

Yes, but I have faith in God and the prophecy of the end times. 

Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yes, and GC actually was quite good console, but for GC problem was best selling console in world, PS2. But after GC we had best seling Nintendo console ever.

But Wii U was bloody mess in every possible way, you can't compare any Nintendo console in number of mistakes Nintendo made with Wii U, thats why Wii U will be worst selling Nintendo console.

Like I wrote, I think it nearly impossible to repeat all mistakes Nintendo made with Wii U again, especially because after terrible Wii U sales with NX they will much better job in order to have much better sales. When we talk about NX sales, IMO only certain thing is that X will have much better sales than Wii U.

What I'm saying is just becasue you fix mistakes doesn't neccessarily mean you are rewarded with better sales. 

The PS2 was only about 20 million ahead of the GameCube and GameCube was even with the XBox at 0 when the GameCube launched, console NX will be probably more like 50-60 million behind the PS4 and 25-30 million behind the XBox One. 

So in that way it's a worse position than the GameCube was in a pretty significant way. 

When your console have so many huge mistakes like Wii U and fact is that those mistakes are reason why your console is selling terible, just fixing those mistakes definitely means better sales than Wii U for next console.

My point is that NX will definitely sell much better than Wii U, and NX definitely has chance to have final sales numbers similar or above X1 final sales numbers.

JRPGfan said:

9th gen my arse, performance wise Nintendo NX will be a 8th gen console, and sales wise, it ll compete on the market against 8th gen consoles.

Generations aren't defined by specs. I know people wish they were, but they aren't.

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

When your console have so many huge mistakes like Wii U and fact is that those mistakes are reason why your console is selling terible, just fixing those mistakes definitely means better sales than Wii U for next console.

My point is that NX will definitely sell much better than Wii U, and NX definitely has chance to have final sales numbers similar or above X1 final sales numbers.

If it's another underpowered console, then it will be fairly similar to the Wii U no matter how they market it. 

Around the Network
JNK said:
nope, thats why its not gonna be a standart console

Yeah! That's what im thinking too. I have no clue what it could be, but I just have this feeling that it would be quite different. 

Like, i think they could be dropping the whole "Wii" and "DS" line with this NX. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

If it's another underpowered console, then it will be fairly similar to the Wii U no matter how they market it. 

Actually being underpowered console wasn't biggest problem for Wii U, it just one of the problems, you forgetting Wii was even more underpowered and became best selling Nintendo console.

Wii U had bad reveile, bad marketing and terible name (all that made huge confusion among consumers, people very long thought Wii U is addon for Wii), it had high price compared to PS3/X360 (despite its new console it had same graphic but with much higher price), bad launch and 1st year games, not appealing gimmick, software droughts...also Nintendo invest huge effort in order to save 3DS in time when they needed to prepare launch and games for Wii U, all that lead to terible sales after launch that lead to 3rd party completly abondend Wii U in first year and Wii U was basicly dead just after one year on market. Like I wrote, Wii U is bloody mess, thats why Wii U is selling so bad. If Nintendo adress and fix just half of those mistakes, NX will have much better sales, but you can bet after terilbe Wii U sales they will fix probably all of those mistakes in order to have much better product with much better sales.

So like I wrote, IMO only certain thing if we talk about NX sales is that will definitely have better sales than Wii U (but realistically that isnt hard at all, especially if know that Wii U is bloody mess).

JRPGfan said:
Thunderbird77 said:

It's very funny that people keep calling 2016 (minumum release date) as halfway through the gen. It's more than halfway ps4 and xone 5 year cycle, let alone the gen, wich started in 2012.

PS3 launched in 2006.

PS4 launched in 2013.

13 - 6 = 7 years between the two generations (Playstation gens are not 5 years long).

Its been like 2years and 2months since the PS4 released.

No its not halfway through the PS4 gen, its less than 1/3 rd of it.

There's no such thing as "ps gens" with such a small sample. We had two gen lasting 6 years and one lasting 7. This time ps4 hardware wasn't high end enough in 2013 to last more than 5 years.

HylianYoshi said:
Thunderbird77 said:

It's very funny that people keep calling 2016 (minumum release date) as halfway through the gen. It's more than halfway ps4 and xone 5 year cycle, let alone the gen, wich started in 2012.

I don't understand what problem you have with my wording. I'm clearly only referring to Sony and Microsoft as competition, whose gen started in 2013. Even if you were to assume a 5 year life cycle (and I assumed 6), it's still practically halfway through the generation right now. So I don't know what you're trying to prove.

The problem is that 4 years isn't the middle of a gen. Talking about years after the competition released is wrong, as that's not when the gen started but even then it wouldn't be halfway and already happened before.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Sony doesn't do five year cycles. Sony does 10 year cycles, but replaces consoles after seven years on the market. They are one year away from being halfway through the gen.

None of that is true. The only time it took 7 years to replace a home console was ps3 to ps4 (and that was the longest gen ever). If the console is already replaced and not being strongly supported, they didn't last 10 years. So you think 2017 will be halfway through the gen and new consoles will only come in 2021/2022? Try again.