By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Realistically Does the Console NX Have Any Chance Against PS4/XB1?

CGI-Quality said:
danielrdp said:
Nope. Nintendo will be lucky if their next console manages to sell as much as the Wii U.

And why is that?

I think it's going to be hard to convience a Xbox/PS4 owner that they need a NX too, or that they should choose one over the other two. I don't mean forum users , but people who like to play FIFA, COD etc. All my workmates have a PS4, they don't even know what a Wii U is. 

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Miyamotoo said:

And you think this gen many buyed both!? We have 12m Wii U owners and 58m 3DS owners, theoretically just around 1/5 3DS owners could buyed Wii U, but reality is that number is far smaller.

the only reason to buy a wiiU is you are a big nintendo fan.  a big portion of the wiiU owners have a 3ds as well.  easily enough overlap to cause a 10% drop in console sales if the library's are too similar to justify multi-console ownership.  that is, imo, a big contraction.

Unified platform means far better and more focused Nintendo support for one platform than divided support for two separate platforms, that means more games and platform that is more attractive to consumers. Also this gen we already saw Nintendo cant effectively support two different platforms, that's a reason why they going with unified platforms.

Saying that despite unified platform, I think some people will still buy home console and handheld because they provide different experience, playing one game on home console when they are home and play same that game on handheld when are not home. More important NX home console and handheld will very likely have heavy integration, that will definitely convince some people to own both devices. Also I dont think every single game will be for both devices, majority definitely, but there will still be some handheld or home console exclusives. So there will certainly still be people that will own both devices, if handheld and home console integration is great maybe larger percent of people that will own both devices.

AZWification said:
danielrdp said:
Nope. Nintendo will be lucky if their next console manages to sell as much as the Wii U.

If their next console is going to suffer from a crapload of issues, just like the WiiU, then of course it won't sell well. I'd like to believe that Ninty actually has learned a damn thing from the WiiU though..

Honestly nintendo are really slow learners.... ei the hardware issues alot of their consoles has had, simular mistakes repeated multipled times ect.

kitler53 said:
Miyamotoo said:

And you think this gen many buyed both!? We have 12m Wii U owners and 58m 3DS owners, theoretically just around 1/5 3DS owners could buyed Wii U, but reality is that number is far smaller.

the only reason to buy a wiiU is you are a big nintendo fan.  a big portion of the wiiU owners have a 3ds as well.  easily enough overlap to cause a 10% drop in console sales if the library's are too similar to justify multi-console ownership.  that is, imo, a big contraction.

One thing that you're not taking into account is the potential sales of people who own neither a 3DS nor Wii U. Let's say someone is interested in a few 3DS exclusives (Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, etc.) but that's not quite enough for them to buy a 3DS. Now let's say they are also interested in a few Wii U exclusives (Mario Maker, Splatoon, Xenoblade X, Bayonetta, etc.) but that's not quite enough for them to buy a Wii U. But what if they could get all those games on a single device? Wouldn't that person be more likely to purchase a piece of Nintendo hardware?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

danielrdp said:
CGI-Quality said:

And why is that?

I think it's going to be hard to convience a Xbox/PS4 owner that they need a NX too, or that they should choose one over the other two. I don't mean forum users , but people who like to play FIFA, COD etc. All my workmates have a PS4, they don't even know what a Wii U is. 

And if the Dreamcast 2, also came ou in the same time ? (2017).

Around the Network

Honestly it would be awesome if the NX fails and NOBODY buys it so Nintendo "must" go Third Party, damn yeaaaaah !!! Now that is something that would be awesome as hell !!! ;)

danielrdp said:

I think it nearly impossible to repeat all mistakes Nintendo made with Wii U again, especially because after terrible Wii U sales with NX they will much better job in order to have much better sales.

When we talk about NX sales, IMO only certain thing is that NX will have much better sales than Wii U.

CGI-Quality said:
topolino227 said:
Honestly it would be awesome if the NX fails and NOBODY buys it so Nintendo "must" go Third Party, damn yeaaaaah !!! Now that is something that would be awesome as hell !!! ;)

Unless this is sarcasm, help me to understand why? 

Pls ignore, we will again start why Nintendo should or not go third party. :(

The Wii U has failed, there is no hope for Nintendo to compete with the PS4 and XB1. The NX is a next-gen console so it should be compared with the PS5 and the XB2... even then it will fail. It will be released way too early.

To be pretty honest, its all up to how sucessfull ps vr will be. If it fails, but sony keeps pushing it, some people migth feel they need to go for another device for their good old gaming, and maybe...

nintendo...(ha)

device...(haha)

gonna be that!(HAHAHAHAHA)

But seriously, in the same way that xbox flip and switch gave a lot of momentum to PS4, someone need to something really shitty to put the consumers of today away. Having the console that your friends have plays a big part on deciding wich console you will play on, and 50 mil people alreadly have the PS4 and XB1

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko