By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Souls Appreciation Thread!

Tagged games:

So in this thread, we're going to talk about Souls experiences and gush excitement about the upcoming Souls games! Join me!

So, it's no secret that I love the Souls series. I've got Platinums in all but Dark Souls 1, which I intend on getting as soon as I can get my Souls buddies to hunker down on it with me. I've also been doing research on Lords of the Fallen, as it draws a lot of inspiration from the Souls genre. EITR as well as garnered my attention, as it has combined my appreciation for pixel art and Souls into a single package.

My most anticipated game right now, though, it Ni-Oh. It seems to draw a lot of inspiration from Onimusha (+1 point), while playing in a very similar style to Demon's Souls (+1 point). It's got Akira Kurosawa's name attached (+1 point), and it seems to be a system-selling exclusive for PS4 (+1 point, but I understand those who disagree). It's shaping up to be an absolutely gorgeous game, and I hope they get the vague story-telling of the Souls series properly implemented in there.

So what about you guys? SHARE!

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

The first Dark Souls is one of my favourite games ever made. I picked it up completely blind (I had read months earlier about Demon's Souls, which sounded extremely interesting, but couldn't play that one since I had a 360, and thus I knew this was on a similar vein apparently), and fell in love with it. Despite all the pain and the annoying moments, I couldn't help but keep going back to it.

My greatest moments:

· Beating Orstein & Smough.

· Learning how to properly parry. Took me some tries and a gazillion souls.

· Discovering that with heavy armor comes awkward rolls.

· Burning in my mind the dungeon design. Seriously, the dungeon design of this game is exemplary.

· Finding out about that secret door behind a chest that's behind a secret door. A friend told me about this, but I don't feel bad not discovering it by my own.

· Defeating that backstabber friend who takes away the soul of a silent lady.

· Making it through the invisible dungeon!

· Almost everything was a great moment, tbh.

My not-so great moments:

· The ending felt like Miyazaki punching me in the face. Then laughing while I was crying and spitting blood.

· Receiving damage before facing Nito. That is a retarded gameplay design.

· All those noob deaths. Looking back to it (and how I play now), how could I be so dumb?

· Losing one million souls. Why didn't I level up earlier? I dunno.