By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Non PS Vita owners: Why didnt you get the Playstation Vita?

Why didnt you get the Vita?

I have 3DS. 23 34.85%

I play Console/PC 2 3.03%

I prefer Smartphone/tablet games. 1 1.52%

No good games yet/Sony st... 15 22.73%

Too expensive 5 7.58%

Memory cards being too expensive 7 10.61%

I don't have time for handheld gaming. 2 3.03%

I dont travel/play games in public 4 6.06%

I prefer home console exp... 3 4.55%

I dont know/Never wanted it. 4 6.06%

Total:66

I'm doing a survey and I want to know the reason why people didnt buy it!  Remember: I am asking YOU why YOU didnt get it for YOURSELF.      

Around the Network

This won't end well

I'm not interested in portables.

I'm not interested in the games it has. I'm sure it's a fun console tho.

Because it was way overpriced and I don't care about it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I don't like Japanese games and that's all the Vita has.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Owned it, regreted and sold it !

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

The Vita was too powerful for its own good; everybody quickly assumed (because Sony marketed it as such) that the Vita would play slightly sub-PS3 games. When those games never materialized, nobody bought it, and with no install base, Sony wasn't going to put that level of effort into making the games people expected. That's the only answer you really need, but if you want my personal one, I'll give you a twofold reason: Every game I wanted to play on Vita, with no more than two exceptions, is playable on the $20 PSTV or on PS4. The only notable game I can't play outside of Vita is Golden Abyss, which I'm fairly confident will end up ported sometime soon.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Got myself a 3DS instead. It could play DS games after all.

I initially had it on my radar...but over time I found most of the experiences I was interested in I could have on my 3DS or PS3. Obviously individual games are a different story, but nothing really resonated with me.

Persona 4 Golden looks amazing though....but I couldn't rationalize paying for a whole new system for an upgraded version of a game I already have access to.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334