By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Ted Cruz first ever Hispanic primary/caucus winner.

Areym said:
Hispanic my left nut. That bloated balloon doesn't represent anything Hispanic other than the last name.

"represent anything Hispanic"

He doesn't "fall in line" so he doesn't count?

Nice.

Around the Network

The Dems were just successful in being able convince ignorant people that Reps are racists, even though they themselves are the ones with a history of racism. Quite the con. Of course, it doesn't work on everyone.

Republicans are more diverse. Democrats are the mot rascist people i know. They are the "masters" as they see it. Do as they say or your wrong and rascist. heaven forbid people think for themselves. I am extremely happy with how diverse the republican party has become. The tea party is pretty diverse alo (alhtough they are not a political party just yet)

Ka-pi96 said:
He's Hispanic? Looks pretty white to me...

White Hispanic.

thranx said:
Republicans are more diverse. Democrats are the mot rascist people i know. They are the "masters" as they see it. Do as they say or your wrong and rascist. heaven forbid people think for themselves. I am extremely happy with how diverse the republican party has become. The tea party is pretty diverse alo (alhtough they are not a political party just yet)

This sort of rhetoric is nothing but counterproductive. Shameful.

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:
Geralt said:
He's not Hispanic he's Canadian

He can be both Hispanic and Canadian. One is a race the other a nationality. 

Hispanic isn't a race, it's an ethnicity.

SamuelRSmith said:
Areym said:
Hispanic my left nut. That bloated balloon doesn't represent anything Hispanic other than the last name.

"represent anything Hispanic"

He doesn't "fall in line" so he doesn't count?

Nice.

Reminds me of the "cornball brother" comments made about Robert Griffin III and Russel Wilson.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Both sides have racist and sexist parts.  All the fringe feminists who think of men as less than human are dems and the black supremicists who demand reparations or blood from white people are dems.  You get all the people who are still racist and sexist but not as extreme with those.  Then Dems are the home of the PC witch hunting hate mobs who are ready to abuse your civil liberties and ruin peoples lives over fake or wrong information.  I would argue that the dems are worse because the problems are so popular you can openly abuse people and its more socially acceptable.

SamuelRSmith said:

So I was just wondering why nobody cares about this? I figure if a Democrat had just achieved that, the media would be going ballistic right now.

Not only did Cruz win, he won with more votes than any Republican has ever received in the Iowa caucus. A close third, Marco Rubio, is also Hispanic (and he's the current bookie's favourite to win), and a black man came fourth. Between the three of them, they account for about 60% of the vote total.

Yet Republicans are racist, right? Or has that meme finished, and they're sexist now? You know, because Hillary's running.

Probably because of the circumstances surrounding his win.  I mean, on the one hand yes, it's historic.  On the other, his campaign most certainly broadcast faulty information regarding Ben Carson's campaign, as well as some seriously sketchy shit regarding a mailer sent to voters insinuating voting 'violations':

"You are receiving this election notice because of low expected voter turnout in your area. Your individual voting history as well as your neighbors' are public record. Their scores are published below, and many of them will see your score as well. CAUCUS ON MONDAY TO IMPROVE YOUR SCORE and please encourage your neighbors to caucus as well. A follow-up notice may be issued following Monday's caucuses."

"Accusing citizens of Iowa of a "voting violation" based on Iowa Caucus participation, or lack thereof, is false representation of an official act,"

"There is no such thing as an election violation related to frequency of voting. Any insinuation or statement to the contrary is wrong and I believe it is not in keeping in the spirit of the Iowa Caucuses."

When confronted by a reporter, Cruz stated:

"I will apologize to no one for using every tool we can to encourage Iowa voters to come out and vote," he said.

It's cool he won, but he clearly behaved in a very very shady manner.

KLAMarine said:
thranx said:

This sort of rhetoric is nothing but counterproductive. Shameful.

No rhetoric here. I am glad that the republican party is represented by all the people that make up america. Its whats needed. Not talking heads saying people are equal but acting and doing otherwise. Same with the tea party.