By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reveals new info about Twilight Princess HD! Mirror mode, stamps, gamepad usage, new items, and more!

Hmm, interesting additions.

Still a little skeptical on the whole hero mode thing, and the Ganondorf amiibo.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I'm always skeptical of Nintendo's re-releases. Ever since Lost World way back in the day, they've had a habit of dumbing their games down and making them easier when they do it. Hopefully this game won't suffer the same fate.

cycycychris said:

There’s a new “Ghost Torch” item for Poes. These enemies can usually only be found at night, but this will allow you to pinpoint their position even during the day. Basic action movements like horse riding and swimming are being improved, and other parts which were hard to understand are being made easier to play.

These sound like welcome changes.

It's been a while since I played TP, but I do remember there being a couple of annoyingly cryptic sections where I wasn't sure where to go or what to do next. (Which to me is one of the worst feelings a game can possibly evoke)

The Ghost Torch, like using the Gamepad to instantly transform between wolf and human, seems like the sort of thing that sounds unimpressive on paper, but when actually playing makes a big difference simply by being more convenient.

Same goes for having the map and item management on the touchscreen.

Can't wait.

Very interesting! The mirror mode (so basically Wii mode haha) reminds me of Master Quest. Would be cool if they could remix the dungeons as well like in that though...

Around the Network

Some cool additions and tweaks.

TPHD's is then basically like OoT3D's Master Quest but without redesigned dungeons. The mirrored world wouldn't make it harder for me though since I played the Wii version a lot more than I did the GameCube version...

Some more videos of the game in action:

These additions sounds pretty good!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

English trailer showing new features

Also, according to GameExplain, Hero Mode is available from the beginning, and yes, it does stack with the Ganondorf Amiibo. He also says there's Pro Controller support, but not Wiimote + Nunchuk