By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - XCOM 2 is OUT NOW!! You excited?

Slimebeast said:
zero129 said:

Yes i think we all know by now that nothing on PC interests you, No need you letting us know every chance you get. Maybe you should just sell your "Supposed" pc since nothing on the platform interests you. You do know owning a PC doesnt make you a PC gamer right??.

So maybe when they port the game to PS4 it might Interest you more then..

lol what reason does he have for being like that...

I hate the PC elitist mentality like the next guy, but nobody can be against PC gaming itself.

Don't know why he feels so offended, I mean my first games I ever played were all on pc (supaplex, doom, settlers) one of my most played games today is still age of empires

I don't have a high end pc, don't know if that is required to be a pc gamer.

Edit: the first game is on ps3 and I don't have any interest to buy and play it so his comment is really weird :/

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
zero129 said:

Yes i think we all know by now that nothing on PC interests you, No need you letting us know every chance you get. Maybe you should just sell your "Supposed" pc since nothing on the platform interests you. You do know owning a PC doesnt make you a PC gamer right??.

So maybe when they port the game to PS4 it might Interest you more then..

I hate the PC elitist mentality like the next guy, but nobody can be against PC gaming itself.

I'll be honest:

I own a toaster downstairs, does that make me a follower of toast?.

I own 5 books, does that make me a hardcore vivid reader of books?.

I wouldn't call it elitist mentality, it's easy these days to claim you are a part of just about anything and people automatically have to take your word on it, you could easily claim you are a part of soemthign without having to show proof of how far into something you are. I could tell all my work mates tomorrow that I donate to 20 charities and they wouldn't ask me a thing, do you know just how gullible that sounds when you decide not to question if they do or do not?.

Also people can choose to side with something in order to slander it, I could easily tell you I am a part of the labour party and you'll have to take my word on it as I slander them right into the ground.

As a last note, when you show how much you clearly love one platform over another to a point where you are willing to slandert the opposite platform hand over fist and then claim you;re a fan of the platform you were slandering for months, I dunno man I just don't buy it, especially when you don't show or claim you were a fan of an opposite platform for a very long time at all.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Sprash said:
Slimebeast said:

Don't know why he feels so offended, I mean my first games I ever played were all on pc (supaplex, doom, settlers) one of my most played games today is still age of empires

Edit: the first game is on ps3 and I don't have any interest to buy and play it so his comment is really weird :/

What games do you play on PC nowadays apart from Age of Empires?

Ther's 57,248 concurrent players playing XCOM 2 on Steam now, now that North America has been able to play it for one hour. Tomorrow night should see over 100,000 concurrent players. Success!

Slimebeast said:
Sprash said:

What games do you play on PC nowadays apart from Age of Empires?

I play nearly all those horror games like amnesia, outlast and penumbraand played a bit of minecraft with a few mods here and there so it's good to play all these little horror games, I love them.

Around the Network

I will be very exited if the games comes to the PS4.

Likely it will at some point.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

For some reason I still haven't picked up the first one, though I loved original (played it on Amiga)...so many good games, so little time.

Hey guys, XCOM 2 supports the Steam Controller:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/353370/announcements/detail/913471708586959741

We’re excited to announce that Firaxis and Valve are collaborating on native integration for the Steam Controller, and we can’t wait for fans to get early access to it starting today.

XCOM 2's native integration allows the player to do the following with the Steam Controller:

• Use a different control scheme based on the in-game situation.
  • Experience precise and responsive 1:1 camera controls using the touchpads in the Geoscape and the Tactical view.
  • Instantly select your ability with the flexibility of the controller's Touch Menus.

We consider this configuration to be an initial implementation, and as always, we hope the community will provide feedback in addition to making improvements to the configuration on their own.

For a limited time, the Steam Controller is available bundled with XCOM 2 at a 40% discount! Customers that have already pre-ordered XCOM 2 through Steam can still benefit from the discount on the controller if they purchase it separately.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

We’re excited to announce that Firaxis and Valve are collaborating on native integration for the Steam Controller, and we can’t wait for fans to get early access to it starting today.

XCOM 2's native integration allows the player to do the following with the Steam Controller:

• Experience precise and responsive 1:1 camera controls using the touchpads in the Geoscape and the Tactical view.
  • Instantly select your ability with the flexibility of the controller's Touch Menus.

We consider this configuration to be an initial implementation, and as always, we hope the community will provide feedback in addition to making improvements to the configuration on their own.

For a limited time, the Steam Controller is available bundled with XCOM 2 at a 40% discount! Customers that have already pre-ordered XCOM 2 through Steam can still benefit from the discount on the controller if they purchase it separately.

Do you have one? I've heard bad stuff about the little awkward touch pad on the Steam controller.
Or do you have any controller with your PC?

I just bought the Xbox One controller and it feels amazing. Fits my hands perfectly, much better than the X360 controller did. Finally I can play Dark Souls properly (although DS2 works perfectly fine with KB/M) and Ryse and Castlevania LoS 2 at all and all these arcade shoot 'em ups I bought recently.

Slimebeast said:
JEMC said:

Do you have one? I've heard bad stuff about the little awkward touch pad on the Steam controller.
Or do you have any controller with your PC?

I just bought the Xbox One controller and it feels amazing. Fits my hands perfectly, much better than the X360 controller did. Finally I can play Dark Souls properly (although DS2 works perfectly fine with KB/M) and Ryse and Castlevania LoS 2 at all and all these arcade shoot 'em ups I bought recently.

No, I don't have a Steam Controller, I use a wired Xbox360 pad. I've been thinking about getting a new controller because the lest analog stick is starting to feel awkward and I've been eyeing the XboxOne controller, but it's 50€ ...

If my memory serves me right, shakarak did get one at launch. You can ask him about it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.