By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Sony Pictures game is coming to Xbox One.

I just noticed Q Bert is coming to X1 which surprised me given that is a Sony IP. I looked at the publisher and its a company called Loot Interactive, a subsidary of Sony.

In my opinion, Sony and MS should support each other. Neither company is leaving the console business and they can use each others hardware to boost profits on some software. Maybe keep major stuff exclusive, smaller stuff can go multiplat without hurting either platform.

*Updated thread title*

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

What is most interesting is how q-Bert went from being a great game I want to brag about to everyone to a piece of shit game that shouldn't be on any platform mere seconds after I read this thread.

Interesting for sure.

Q-bert? You mean that cute orange guy who jumps on blocks? That is owned by Sony..??

I dunno if Sony and MS would like to support each other, haha... They aren't friends, and business is about making money, and not helping each other out. They probably do better through competition, which ends up being better for the consumer.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

"LOOT Interactive is an independent game publisher and interactive entertainment developer based in Culver City"

http://www.lootinteractive.com/

Loot is independent from a year ago.

Around the Network
Coloso90909 said:
"LOOT Interactive is an independent game publisher and interactive entertainment developer based in Culver City"

True but it's still a Sony IP

"In a recent interview with ClickIndie, LOOT Interactive Managing Director David Sterling said that the publishing company would “love” to continue the Q*Bert franchise [...]"
"David made sure to stress that LOOT Interactive doesn’t own the IP, but as the publisher they certainly have a sway in whether or not more Q*Bert games are developed in the future."

http://clickindie.com/more-qbert-coming-rebooted-publisher-says-they-would-love-to-expand-on-the-franchise/

Coloso90909 said:

Ah, didnt see they seperated. But I assume Sony still owns Q Bert?

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Cloudman said:
Q-bert? You mean that cute orange guy who jumps on blocks? That is owned by Sony..??

I dunno if Sony and MS would like to support each other, haha... They aren't friends, and business is about making money, and not helping each other out. They probably do better through competition, which ends up being better for the consumer.

The two own a lot of patents and software so they already have a working relationship.

Minecraft being multiplat shows there are benefits of supporting a competitor. Q Bert may be Sony testing the water.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Cloudman said:

The two own a lot of patents and software so they already have a working relationship.

Minecraft being multiplat shows there are benefits of supporting a competitor. Q Bert may be Sony testing the water.

Minecraft is that sort of weird exception while it does belong to MS, it originally didn't, and since it was already on Sony consoles there wasn't really much they can do. Since you're already in that deep, may as well go all the way, haha.

Qbert kind of falls into the same grey area, since it was on many platforms before, so Qbert doesn't seem like a stranger to the idea of going to other platforms. Other than that, I don't really see that situation happening that much.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Sony doesn't own the IP. Via the European PlayStation Store:
TM & © 2015 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by LOOT Interactive, LLC.

Edit: lol, I'm an idiot. Columbia Pictures Industries is owned by Sony.