By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How big is your gaming screen?

55"

Around the Network
Danman27 said:
Zkuq said:
My monitor, which is my main gaming screen, is 21.5". I also have a 43" TV which is mainly used for gaming and Youtube videos. Both screens are 1080p, which I'm perfectly happy with. Any less, and it would look pretty bad, and any more, and it would go to waste until I got a good job, and probably largely even after that. In my opinion, 4k offers diminishing returns (although I imagine the difference is still possible to see, and not even that hard to see). But at 1080p, things already look pretty smooth. The main reason I could want a 4k monitor is to be able to fit more windows on the screen at once.

I have a 4k screen, trust me, it makes a big difference. 

I'm sure I'll get one eventually but getting equipment that can play games in 4k is pretty expensive for a student. As a downside, anything that's not the native resolution of a screen usually looks like garbage, so if I got a 4k monitor, I'd have to be upgrading my PC constantly to be able to play games in 4k. Student not like.

24" for my PC and 133" projector screen for my consoles.

Rain2 said:
Intrinsic said:
110"

soon to become 75/86" oled

OLED would be awesome but way too expensive for my budget

same here. But in another 3yrs, we will have 110" rollaable oled TVs. For the price of a 50" TV today. 

ok, maybe in another 6yrs. 

32" TV
And I have a laptop, so it's only 15"

Around the Network

48 inch 4k tv for PS4, but mostly for the arrival of UHD Blu ray. A 17 inch laptop for the occasional RTS and city builders 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

60" in my living room (PS4), and 32" in my room (PC and Wii U).

40" Bravia tv, 25" BenQ monitor

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

55 inch Samsung full HD 3D tv. It has no frame so the screen reached the edges and it looks quite nice :)
Although I wish I never spent the extra cash for 3D as I've used it twice for movies and don't really rate it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

In my basement: 42 inch 1080p LED TV as a computer monitor. I sit about 2-3 feet from it, so it just reaches the outer limits of my vision. It's awesome. I've got my PC, PS4, PS3, X360, N64, OUYA, and cable box hooked up to it, with an audio receiver and HDMI switch handling the input switching. I'll likely upgrade to 4K (43 inch and 40 inch seem to be the most common) in a year or two. I sit close enough to it that the resolution bump will be easily and immediately noticeable.

In my main floor living room: 54 inch 1080p Panasonic Plasma, which has a PS3, Wii U, Chromecast, and a cable box hooked to it. It's great, but my wife usually monopolizes this one for TV watching. I'll often move the Wii U between the two TVs as needed.