By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can they remake Final Fantasy VII without the Sexism? (EDIT: turned out to be fake!)

Tagged games:

wtf? Author: Sandy Beaches, stfu. all those witty jokes, sexyness, and comedy is all part of what makes FFVII Golden. And she is complaining about the original version of all things.

"Cloud should die in the place of Aerith."     SMH. Now I know this auther is on some kind of crack.

Around the Network

...Why is this a real article?

Ultrashroomz said:
...Why is this a real article?

Does that mean you don't find her criticism right?

RolStoppable said:
MikeRox said:

How the hell do you make a couple of hundred polygons "oversexualised"? The reason Lara croft had such a big rack s because it needed fewer polygons than giving her a modest chest. Nothing to do with wanting big tits.

Why would we expect final fantasy's female character design to be any different?

Watch the FMVs of those old games on Youtube. It's undeniable that the developers wanted to have women with at least D-sized cups.

The question would be, was it that they designed busty women and made polygonal characters to match that? Or was the FMV rendered to match the polygonal models?

Either way, having a wife with G Cups I have to say I'm concerned at how abnormally flat chested game characters are becoming vs my real life experience of the female form... It's almost like we need to turn women into men in order for them to be accepted. How very Sexist...

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Thae author is probebly some fat insecure moron anyways Tifa is not sexist she is a strong woman who looks hot and kicks ass at the same time. There do exist good looking women in the real world believe it or not.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Around the Network
MikeRox said:

The question would be, was it that they designed busty women and made polygonal characters to match that? Or was the FMV rendered to match the polygonal models?

Either way, having a wife with G Cups I have to say I'm concerned at how abnormally flat chested game characters are becoming vs my real life experience of the female form... It's almost like we need to turn women into men in order for them to be accepted. How very Sexist...

It was a deliberate decision to make busty women.

For Tomb Raider, if you look at Lara's polygon model, she is nowhere near as busty as in the FMVs; and FMV-quality character models were used to promote the game.

For Final Fantasy VII, Aerith's look in FMVs makes it clear that Tifa's breat size wasn't an accident.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
Wright said:

Her profile or twitter don't show any photo of her (She has an Aerith avatar, though!)

I see.

I don't really get the point about Shera though. The story is that she accepts Cid's abuse because she messed up the start of the rocket. If the party would step in to defend her, she would probably speak in favor of Cid.

Thats the truth , but later on iirc , it turns out that her instincts that the fuel supply wasn't right was correct and if she hadn't continued to work on it  cid would have been doomed, so  the point that impatient cid cancelled the flight to save her life , also saved cids life . 

Having just played through the make them tea scene , there is no evidence of tea being a euphemism for alcohol , also contrary to her article there is a reaction to cids abusive behavour but has you correctly assumed she does defend him.  

The one thing and this is a general point not aimed at anyone , I would like to point out ones acceptence of abuse for whatever reason  does in no way give the abuser absolution , but these types of poor journalism that focus on serious issues using  trivial examples do way more harm than good.

kooltrex said:
  Tifa is not sexist she is a strong woman who looks hot and kicks ass at the same time. There do exist good looking women in the real world believe it or not.

Not true. Tifa's a woman who is always drooling for Cloud and has the need to be at his side, otherwise she wouldn't be able to do anything. In other words, she needs a male figure at her side. And her stats are worse compared to the rest. So no, she's not a strong woman and she doesn't kick ass at the same time.

RolStoppable said:
MikeRox said:

It was a deliberate decision to make busty women.

For Tomb Raider, if you look at Lara's polygon model, she is nowhere near as busty as in the FMVs; and FMV-quality character models were used to promote the game.

For Final Fantasy VII, Aerith's look in FMVs makes it clear that Tifa's breat size wasn't an accident.

But was it oversexualization or just being inclusive to more body forms? :p

To claim it's just to appeal to male teens is to disregard all busty women who have existed long before silicone implants made such a figure available to all and an incredibly Sexist and derogatory view.

Unless we are saying sexually attractive people serve no purpose in society other than to make teenagers hard. As much as the author would love it, there are very attractive people in the world and they have just as much right to be represented in a game as anyone else. #hotgirlrights

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Wow. If you're picking apart sexism in Final Fantasy VII, you are playing the game for the wrong reasons. 

I am sorry, I consider myself a fairly liberal person, but this is really reaching.