By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tekken 7: Fated Retribution New Trailer - Nina Williams Reveal - Evo 2016

Tagged games:

What is your favorite Tekken game so far?

Tekken 1 0 0%

Tekken 2 8 17.39%

Tekken 3 15 32.61%

Tekken 4 2 4.35%

Tekken 5/Dark Resurrection 6 13.04%

Tekken 6 0 0%

Tekken Tag 1 5 10.87%

Tekken Tag 2 8 17.39%

Tekken Advance 1 2.17%

Other 1 2.17%

Total:46
Hiku said:
Rafie said:
Who in the hell was dumb enough to leave her at the alter?!

Whoever it was is now just a red stain on her dress.

WOOOOOO! Wow I didn't even see the rest of the dress! She is KILLING IT! I main her and her sister, btw. I wonder if Anna will be in the game.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

What platforms is this on?

I got a fever for fighter games and the only prescription is more Virtua Fighter.

Nina has been my main character every Tekken game since... 2 (Didn't play 1 at the time)

This one will be no different :P

Hiku said:

Yeah, TT2 is non-canon but they did explain that she never got killed by Ogre, so I guess they could run that story to bring her back. But I doubt we'll see her.

I think according to the lore, Ogre did kill Jun (one of the few people he actually did kill), however he seems to be able to also steal people's ki and abilities without killing them as he has Baek and Lee moves in his arsenal but they are both alive and well. King was killed by him.

I think in reality Jun will stay dead, with Asuka Kazama, there's no real need for her. Unknown isn't her either, although non-canon, she was meant to be Jun's sister but that was dropped.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

This game is looking unreal right now. My boys and I cannot wait for this!

BasilZero said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Nice! So excited for this

Same here.

Its amazing how far Tekken has come since the 1990s!

tekken is one of the view franchises you dont want to look back because its improving with each game

Hiku said:

Unknown is Jun, as it was revealed in Tekken Tag 2.

But Unknown has only appeared in non-canon games, so if they ever bring back Jun, Unknown won't neccesarily be a part of the story.
Regarding Asuka replacing her, theer is that, but we still have some characters and their replacements, or clone characters, appearing at the same time in mainlineTekken games. Eddie and Christie, King and Armor King, Kuma and Panda, Roger and Alex, Beak and Whoarang, etc. Then we have characters who alternate which game they appear in (Marshal Law and Forest Law), and Nina and Anna who started off similarly to Ryu and Ken, but have drifted appart in terms of movesets. But that's the case for most of these characters. Jun and Asuka are pretty different today. And Jin was meant to replace both Jun and Kazuya, but of coiurse they brought the latter back.

Speaking of Kazuya, he has actually died. The Kazuya who is in Tekken now is an actual clone of the Kazuya who died in Tekken 2.

The thing about Jun is that she was brought back partially due to topping the character popularity poll that Namco put out before making TT2.
And she still ranks high today, as she is #3 on Tekken's official site: http://us.tekken.com/#!/en/characters/jun based on 5,519 votes.

Shows how much of Tekken Tag 2 I played, I generally didn't like it, the bound mechanics were too much for my liking and one hit that got you in the air means your opponent has won, as the combo could potentially go on for ages. Basically meaning I never go round to playing the 'story mode' much to see that ending.

I think they are meant to be streamlining the line up a bit. Meaning 1 version of characters and stuff. Kuma and Panda were always 1st and 2nd costume anyway so that's basically the same character.

I think Jun is better as a legacy style character, much like Uncle Ben or Bucky (should have been) in Marvel. They inspire and keep people pushing forward, in this case Jin. With Asuka, you have her move already basically so, she won't be in it. Jin's fighting style changed entirely which helped bring Kazuya back.

That page is really interesting, what makes me sad is Lee is 25th but what makes me happy is that Sergie who is in T7 so far is 40. Come on Harada, put Lee in this game. Plus that website is wrong, Leo is a girl. :P

EDIT: Scratch that, who voted on this? Why is Jinpatchi number 13? That's higher than Marshal Law.

Hmm, pie.

BasilZero said:

Same here.

Its amazing how far Tekken has come since the 1990s!

Oh god I love the soundtrack of tekken1/2. 

-----

My favorite tekken games are Tekken 2 > Tekken 3 = Tekken 5 > TTT2

Hiku said:

From what I read, Jun was never confirmed dead, but Jin assumed that Ogre killed her. All we know for sure is that she disappeared.

"Jun sensed the approaching of Ogre and warned Jin to seek out his grandfather Heihachi should anything happen to her. One night, Ogre did indeed attack. Jun screamed for Jin to run away, but he wished to protect his beloved mother from Ogre and charged at him, but was well outmatched and was quickly knocked unconscious. When Jin woke up, the Kazamas' house had burned to the ground and Jun was missing. Jin searched frantically through the rubble, but could not find his mother anywhere. Jin was devastated and swore revenge on Ogre."

Unknown is Jun, as it was revealed in Tekken Tag 2.

But Unknown has only appeared in non-canon games, so if they ever bring back Jun, Unknown won't neccesarily be a part of the story.
Regarding Asuka replacing her, theer is that, but we still have some characters and their replacements, or clone characters, appearing at the same time in mainlineTekken games. Eddie and Christie, King and Armor King, Kuma and Panda, Roger and Alex, Beak and Whoarang, etc. Then we have characters who alternate which game they appear in (Marshal Law and Forest Law), and Nina and Anna who started off similarly to Ryu and Ken, but have drifted appart in terms of movesets. But that's the case for most of these characters. Jun and Asuka are pretty different today. And Jin was meant to replace both Jun and Kazuya, but of coiurse they brought the latter back.

Speaking of Kazuya, he has actually died. The Kazuya who is in Tekken now is an actual clone of the Kazuya who died in Tekken 2.

The thing about Jun is that she was brought back partially due to topping the character popularity poll that Namco put out before making TT2.
And she still ranks high today, as she is #3 on Tekken's official site: http://us.tekken.com/#!/en/characters/jun based on 5,519 votes.

That is just dumb. What a bad plot twist. If Kazuya is a clone, why does he have all those scars? Makes no sense to me.