By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tekken 7: Fated Retribution New Trailer - Nina Williams Reveal - Evo 2016

Tagged games:

What is your favorite Tekken game so far?

Tekken 1 0 0%

Tekken 2 8 17.39%

Tekken 3 15 32.61%

Tekken 4 2 4.35%

Tekken 5/Dark Resurrection 6 13.04%

Tekken 6 0 0%

Tekken Tag 1 5 10.87%

Tekken Tag 2 8 17.39%

Tekken Advance 1 2.17%

Other 1 2.17%

Total:46
Nem said:
Hiku said:

From what I read, Jun was never confirmed dead, but Jin assumed that Ogre killed her. All we know for sure is that she disappeared.

"Jun sensed the approaching of Ogre and warned Jin to seek out his grandfather Heihachi should anything happen to her. One night, Ogre did indeed attack. Jun screamed for Jin to run away, but he wished to protect his beloved mother from Ogre and charged at him, but was well outmatched and was quickly knocked unconscious. When Jin woke up, the Kazamas' house had burned to the ground and Jun was missing. Jin searched frantically through the rubble, but could not find his mother anywhere. Jin was devastated and swore revenge on Ogre."

Unknown is Jun, as it was revealed in Tekken Tag 2.

But Unknown has only appeared in non-canon games, so if they ever bring back Jun, Unknown won't neccesarily be a part of the story.
Regarding Asuka replacing her, theer is that, but we still have some characters and their replacements, or clone characters, appearing at the same time in mainlineTekken games. Eddie and Christie, King and Armor King, Kuma and Panda, Roger and Alex, Beak and Whoarang, etc. Then we have characters who alternate which game they appear in (Marshal Law and Forest Law), and Nina and Anna who started off similarly to Ryu and Ken, but have drifted appart in terms of movesets. But that's the case for most of these characters. Jun and Asuka are pretty different today. And Jin was meant to replace both Jun and Kazuya, but of coiurse they brought the latter back.

Speaking of Kazuya, he has actually died. The Kazuya who is in Tekken now is an actual clone of the Kazuya who died in Tekken 2.

The thing about Jun is that she was brought back partially due to topping the character popularity poll that Namco put out before making TT2.
And she still ranks high today, as she is #3 on Tekken's official site: http://us.tekken.com/#!/en/characters/jun based on 5,519 votes.

That is just dumb. What a bad plot twist. If Kazuya is a clone, why does he have all those scars? Makes no sense to me.

Tekken Tag games have no relevance towards the plot.

Around the Network

My character used to be Long! But I think my Tekken days are over. Haven't played it since probably Tekken 4. I'm a Soul man!

d21lewis said:
My character used to be Long! But I think my Tekken days are over. Haven't played it since probably Tekken 4. I'm a Soul man!

Long? Lei? Dude's awesome. Was great in 2, 3 and 5. Had big changes in 6 though. Back-down + circle, circle still one of the best moves in Tekken, in my view.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
d21lewis said:

Long? Lei? Dude's awesome. Was great in 2, 3 and 5. Had big changes in 6 though. Back-down + circle, circle still one of the best moves in Tekken, in my view.

I actually typed "Ling" but autocorrect fixed it for me.  Xiayou for life! 

Bryan Fury ALL DAY!! Ever since his debut in Tekken 3, I loved the character. I also play Paul, Lei, Nina, Anna, Dragonuv, King, Eddie, and dabble with Hwoarang. I can use the Mishima's as well along with Law. So yes most of the cast, but definitely not all.

I can't use Xiayou properly for the life of me.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
The Fury said:
d21lewis said:

My mate is a Xiaoyu player. We mainly play 'Team Battle' all random as we see it as the most fair, but when I get Lee or he gets Xiaoyu, it's basically over. You'd be surprised how often they don't come up.

I always think the EVO Tournament should be done like this, a team battle (best of 3), 4 characters each time and your opponant get's bans too. Like LoL. Because it seems weird that you can completely master 1 character only and win the game, when the game is more than 1 character. I would like online to have Team Battle as well, not going to happen, people learn 1 character most the time, that's boring.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
d21lewis said:
The Fury said:
d21lewis said:

My mate is a Xiaoyu player. We mainly play 'Team Battle' all random as we see it as the most fair, but when I get Lee or he gets Xiaoyu, it's basically over. You'd be surprised how often they don't come up.

I always think the EVO Tournament should be done like this, a team battle (best of 3), 4 characters each time and your opponant get's bans too. Like LoL. Because it seems weird that you can completely master 1 character only and win the game, when the game is more than 1 character. I would like online to have Team Battle as well, not going to happen, people learn 1 character most the time, that's boring.

That's how I play.  Whenever I get a fighting game, I master at least five characters and become at least decent with another five but I try everyone at least once.  I hate, hate, HATE playing someone online that only uses one character.

Been a while but I was once great with Law, Lei, Jinn (sic?), Ling, and Bryan Fury. In SFIV, I was so good with Ryu and Ken that I quit using them online. Anyone that uses them as their main character loses points in my eyes.

d21lewis said:

That's how I play.  Whenever I get a fighting game, I master at least five characters and become at least decent with another five but I try everyone at least once.  I hate, hate, HATE playing someone online that only uses one character.

Been a while but I was once great with Law, Lei, Jinn (sic?), Ling, and Bryan Fury. In SFIV, I was so good with Ryu and Ken that I quit using them online. Anyone that uses them as their main character loses points in my eyes.

My problem with online and ranked in Tekken 6 and Tag 2, you come up against people who play the same characters and have learnt the game in such a way it's like putting in a sequence of buttons as long as the first hit lands. No different to Dance Dance Rev. In T6, the amount of Lars and Law players there were online, exploiting their staggers and weird moves (looks like a mid but is apparently a low punch? What?) as well. I always think to myself "But what if we had an 8 vs 8 random team battle? I bet I'd win easy."... you know, unless I got the Bear. I hate the bear.

Not the great in SF4 myself, never played it other than against friends and I tried everyone, got quite good at Viper at one point.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
d21lewis said:

My problem with online and ranked in Tekken 6 and Tag 2, you come up against people who play the same characters and have learnt the game in such a way it's like putting in a sequence of buttons as long as the first hit lands. No different to Dance Dance Rev. In T6, the amount of Lars and Law players there were online, exploiting their staggers and weird moves (looks like a mid but is apparently a low punch? What?) as well. I always think to myself "But what if we had an 8 vs 8 random team battle? I bet I'd win easy."... you know, unless I got the Bear. I hate the bear.

Not the great in SF4 myself, never played it other than against friends and I tried everyone, got quite good at Viper at one point.

So you're really good and feint cancelling and burn kicks? Hehe Burn kicks was a joke. However, it takes some really precise inputs to make her cancelling effective. Folks like Latif, Uryo, Flash Metroid, Sanford Kelly and such really knew how to use her well.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:

So you're really good and feint cancelling and burn kicks? Hehe Burn kicks was a joke. However, it takes some really precise inputs to make her cancelling effective. Folks like Latif, Uryo, Flash Metroid, Sanford Kelly and such really knew how to use her well.

No, not really good. Quite good. Sorry, British term there, it means slightly better than okay. I didn't play the game enough to become good.

Hmm, pie.