By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The weird rubbing face mini-game of Fire Emblem Fates will be consored in the West.

What do you think about this censorship ?

THANKS GOD 14 16.87%

That's okay, I don't give a shit anyway 20 24.10%

Curse you, Nintendo !! 31 37.35%

Gamergate ruins everything 16 19.28%

Pet ? Pot ? Pat ? 2 2.41%

Total:83
Edwardooo said:
Wright said:
Edwardooo said:

That could be one of the few times when a censorship actually makes the game better.

Why? Even the Nintendo rep said that the original japanese minigame was harmless.

This is dumb, really. It doesn't make the game better, it makes the game different, for better or worse. And I'm going to go with worse in this case.

'cause, huh, that has nothing to do in a mainline Fire Emblem game. If it was in a spin-off (or in SMTxFE), I wouldn't care, but this weird mini-game is like a dirt in the perfect suit that represents Fire Emblem Fates.

You want to know why I care?  Because it's cut content.  It could be a goddamn mini-game where you make your party members roll around on the floor in their underwear pretending to run while going "whoop whoop whoop" like on the Three Stooges and I'd still want it. Why?  Because cut-content makes me feel like I'm getting the inferior version.  I already have to deal with NOA's lousy localizations, lousy voice-acting direction and incessent need to shove pop-culture references and outdated memes into everything; if I have to deal with that crap, at least give me a full game in the director's vision.

Around the Network
wombat123 said:

You want to know why I care?  Because it's cut content.  It could be a goddamn mini-game where you make your party members roll around on the floor in their underwear pretending to run while going "whoop whoop whoop" like on the Three Stooges and I'd still want it.

We're all very sorry.

RolStoppable said:
wombat123 said:
Stuff like this just makes me think that Nintendo thinks very little of western people because they have to put on the kiddy gloves and shelter us from specific content constantly like we're too stupid to differentiate between fantasy and reality. All because a bunch of pearl-clutching virtue signalers who probably don't even play video games needed something to be offended by.

You could be right. After all, Nintendo changed the name of Pokken Tournament for Central Europe because they were afraid that the name sounded too sick. Apparently Pokémon Tekken was more appropriate.

Well they apparently did not want to mean " Smallpox Tournament" (if you haven't learned what Pokken means in German by now).

This particular censorship...or whatever it is being called here in the forums..I personally have little interest in just because I didn't find it appealing to begin with. I was somewhat interested in it when Pokemon XY did it as it actually proved to be really effective in helping my Pokemon survive battles. I can't say I would lose sleep over this. I still plan to get the Special Edtion because I love awakening, which helped me get to play other games like Blazing Sword, Path of Radiance, and Shadow Dragon. Awakening is a great game (regardless of what some hardcore fans think...but I digress) and I'm excited for Fates.

I'm happy they removed this feature from the game. I think Fire Emblem is taking the fanservice aspect way too far. I mean... people have been talking more about these aspects of the game than the gameplay itself. I kind of miss the old GBA games.

Not surprising in the least :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I'm starting to get the impression that nintendo's new boss, Tatsumi Kimishima is a bit of a prude.

RolStoppable said:
wombat123 said:
Stuff like this just makes me think that Nintendo thinks very little of western people because they have to put on the kiddy gloves and shelter us from specific content constantly like we're too stupid to differentiate between fantasy and reality. All because a bunch of pearl-clutching virtue signalers who probably don't even play video games needed something to be offended by.

You could be right. After all, Nintendo changed the name of Pokken Tournament for Central Europe because they were afraid that the name sounded too sick. Apparently Pokémon Tekken was more appropriate.

Actually, it's called Pokémon Tekken in Germany because Pokken looks like Pocken, which means smallpox in Dutch. And smallpox ain't cool.

Most jokes only work within its cultural context.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

I don't blame Nintendo this time. Believe there's something else bigger than the silly mini game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

"but even in the Japanese original version, we have not included any features which are considered inappropriate in Japan.”

What are they trying to say?...............

Pocky Lover Boy!