By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles vs Xenoblade Chronicles X

Tagged games:

Which is better?

Xenoblade Chronicles 126 59.72%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 85 40.28%

Total:211

The original is better, mainly for the characters.
That said, I will probably end up playing more hours XCX and I never cease to be impressed with what they achieved on the Wii-U.

Around the Network

I preferred the original for its more interesting plot and more consistently great soundtrack, but gameplay wise they're about equal; XCX added Skells and deeper customization to the mix, but XBC has the fantastic "change the future" mechanic where you foresee enemy blows and have to figure out how to stop them.

Both are awesome games, and bring a welcome diversity to Nintendo's first party catalogue.

The original mostly because it is a more balanced game in all ways.

The original has better story and characters.

Xenoblade Chronicles: 9.5/10

Xenoblade Chronicles X: 9/10

Both great games. Either choice is a great decision

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

The first. Better story, characters, localization and music. Xenoblade Chronicles X had a hell of lot more exploration and a more refined battle system but the inconsistent music, sub-par localization and less involved story brought it down. I enjoyed the overall experience of Xenoblade Chronicles more but I love doing stuff in the XCX world more.

original has better story, character n voice acting
X has better gameplay, online mechanic, gears, super bosses, gears (fashion gear)

sry for my bad english - it is not my 1st language

The same. Both games do different things but what they lose on one field, they gain on another.

And that is very good thing in an upcoming franchise.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Nuvendil said:
I hold them as equals, but for entirely different reasons. There are areas where Xenoblade Chronicles tops X: while X's central plot (granted, the required story missions are only a small slice of the writing) while good doesn't match the sweeping epic of the original. Unless the last chapter just floors me :P. But then, side content is an area where XCX completely and utterly craps on the original. Almost all of it is tightly unified by the driving underlying narrative, giving the game a sense of unity and tasks a sense of greater purpose. And the game admirably avoids the issue of fragmentation, a problem many other open worlds suffer where the side content and central content are clearly segregated and exist almost completely parallel.

Those are examples of the sort of back and forth the comparison is like for me. Equal, but entirely different. And most importantly, both excellent.

While I don't think the last chapter in Xeno X will beat the original for you, holy cow it was freaking intense!

X

Switch!!!