By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Poll: How many Twilight Princess sales if GC-exclusive?

Tagged games:

How many Twilight Princess sales if GC-exclusive?

less than 3.5 million units 22 26.83%

3.5 - 4.5 million units 26 31.71%

4.5 - 5.5 million units 23 28.05%

5.5 - 6.5 million units 5 6.10%

6.5 - 7.5 million units 4 4.88%

7.5 - 8.5 million units 0 0%

8.5 - 9.5 million units (no lost sales) 1 1.22%

more than 9.5 million units 1 1.22%

Total:82

Definitely way less.

For starters the release of the Wii would've cut off it's legs. Even though the Wii is backwards-compatible and the GC version would have been playable, 'nobody' would have wanted to play a last-gen game. Then, the Zelda curse really is a thing, so it likely wouldn't have sold more than Wind Waker. It was the Zelda game 'everybody' wanted at the time though so I wouldn't have gone as low as Majora's Mask even with the installbase. I'd vote 3.5m-4.5m, with around 4.0m being it.

Releasing it on Wii besides GC was just good business, as releasing Zelda U also on NX would be to.

Also interesting would be the question what it would have done to Skyward Sword's sales had Twilight Princess been GC exclusive, which would then have been the first and only Zelda Wii game...

Around the Network

More than Wind Waker, less than TP Wii.

Around 4.5 M probably

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I'd say about 4 million... there were only about 20 million Gamecube owners at the time.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Way to miss the point entirely. If the wiimote and nunchuck could play it, sales wouldn't change or would change very little.

Around the Network

3.5m would be my guess.

4ml