By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are amiibos now a new form of Microtransactions? TP HD

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zGvAte-D-P8

like wtf Nintendo? free bows and hearts all the time by using amiibos? Correct me if i am wrong

Around the Network

They are something you have to pay for for content or to accomplish something. Without them you can do the certain thing. So yes.

Yes.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Yes

They are just giving the amiibos some functionality.... the game is the same as the original without them....

This complaining about amiibos working with games is getting out of hand.One time people complain that amiibos have useless functionalities with games, and other times they complain that the content they activate should be used without amiibos.Make up your mind guys!(this is not a stab at you, sorry if i offended you)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I thought about this before too. I have to say no. You buy the figure once. Microtransactions are things you need to rebuy multiple times. Also it can be used in other Wii U games. Hyrule Warriors uses it similarly with the same amiibo. You can use the same ones in Smash as training figures. Adds frivolous value to amiibo over those games, except Smash which I argue is the best use. And you only need the same on for each.

Why are people complaining? They're ten buck figures that look nice and can (potentially) work in several games. They are useless, and only something used for a neat gimmick.

Do we seriously need to complain about everything?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

retreading the SAME topics!! Many discussions about Amiibos being physical DLC/Microtrans already.

Would you preffer amiibos to do something you could acomplish yourself, making the amiibo pointless but optional, or would you rather want amiibos to block substancial parts of gameplay unaccessible unless you have the amiibo, making them mandatory to get full experiences? That's the question.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I guess kind of? It depends on the game really. Some games give you extra items, like money, health, and equipment, though you don't have to continuously pay for them. You can re-use it as many times as you want, and it is something usually abundantly available in the game, so it's kinda yes-and-no.

Amiibo do other things, like an AI partner, save data, unlock characters, and add lil other modes. So they do all sorts of things. The nice thing is that as long as one person has that amiibo, everyone can benefit from it. So it makes it a lot easier to get certain things you want. And plus, you get a nice figurine, so that is neat.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread