By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official PlayStation VR Thread - Epic Games Reveal Unreal Engine 4 VR Editor - Rumour: PSVR $300, separate camera and Move controllers package $129

How much are you willing to pay for PSVR?

Under $100 8 11.27%

$100 - $200 1 1.41%

$200 - $300 14 19.72%

$300 - $400 37 52.11%

$400 - $500 9 12.68%

$500 + 2 2.82%

Total:71
SWORDF1SH said:

Rumour: PSVR to cost $300 just for the headset with an addition package with camera and move controllers costing £129

ft may be higher than PlayStation VR, that’s never been the point. Consoles are vastly cheaper and more user friendly with plenty of exclusive titles as well. This same formula for success will give PlayStation VR a distinct advantage.

Camera and move controllers are $129 (dollars) in the link, not £129 (pounds)

And yep Driveclub is already running on PSVR, and it's apparently "impressive" :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-28-driveclub-debuts-on-playstation-vr-and-its-mightily-impressive 

Around the Network

Whoa hold on. Battlezone is coming back?! I LOVED Battlezone II on PC!

globalisateur said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Rumour: PSVR to cost $300 just for the headset with an addition package with camera and move controllers costing £129

ft may be higher than PlayStation VR, that’s never been the point. Consoles are vastly cheaper and more user friendly with plenty of exclusive titles as well. This same formula for success will give PlayStation VR a distinct advantage.

Camera and move controllers are $129 (dollars) in the link, not £129 (pounds)

And yep Driveclub is already running on PSVR, and it's apparently "impressive" :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-28-driveclub-debuts-on-playstation-vr-and-its-mightily-impressive 

Well spotted and nice info.

Some more latest news

Success of PlayStation VR Will Play Crucial Part In Making VR A Mainstream Success
Battlezone creative director talks about the potential for PS VR’s success.

Experts agree Oculus Rift will smash PlayStation VR in virtual battle of 2016 - Here's why
VIRTUAL REALITY is going to be massive in 2016 and experts seem to agree the Oculus Rift will batter PlayStation's VR headset.

PS VR, Oculus Rift & VR sets: Strongest pieces of hardware for retail in years

Epic Games Reveal Unreal Engine 4 VR Editor
Epic Games, creator of the highly acclaimed Unreal Engine videogame development suite, has today revealed a brand new asset: VR Editor

VR Developers React to Epic Games’ VR Editor Announcement

Sony: “All PS4 Owners are Ready for VR”

http://vrfocus.com/archives/29406/sony-all-playstation-4-owners-are-ready-for-virtual-reality/

I don't know how to feel about this statement. Unless the majority of PS4 owners have a PSCamera, it doesn't ring true.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I tried to pre-order one last week, but they wouldn't accept my money yet.
Hurry up already, my move controllers are fully charged!

If you're smart you should buy some second hand move controllers now before it's officially announced. Still cheap and I doubt they will have been heavily used ;) Same for the camera, although they might be a bit harder to find cheap.

GribbleGrunger said:

Sony: “All PS4 Owners are Ready for VR”

http://vrfocus.com/archives/29406/sony-all-playstation-4-owners-are-ready-for-virtual-reality/

I don't know how to feel about this statement. Unless the majority of PS4 owners have a PSCamera, it doesn't ring true.

I think he's sees the camera as part of the psvr hardware. I don't think he literally means just the headset. 

SWORDF1SH said:

I think he's sees the camera as part of the psvr hardware. I don't think he literally means just the headset. 

I'd want to see what he said prior to that comment and after it. As it stands, it does rather suggest you don't need the camera, but we all know that isn't possible.

The PS5 Exists. 

Who to believe!

Gamestop CEO: PSVR to launch this fall

or

Sony Says PlayStation VR Fall Launch Timing Is Speculation

Should we revive the PSVR thread? If there is enough interest I will get this up-to-date and back on track.