By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official PlayStation VR Thread - Epic Games Reveal Unreal Engine 4 VR Editor - Rumour: PSVR $300, separate camera and Move controllers package $129

How much are you willing to pay for PSVR?

Under $100 8 11.27%

$100 - $200 1 1.41%

$200 - $300 14 19.72%

$300 - $400 37 52.11%

$400 - $500 9 12.68%

$500 + 2 2.82%

Total:71

Video of the PSVR being used in a home invironment. The PS4 camera's wide FOV enables to use PSVR in small spaces and close to the TV.

Around the Network

'Featured Comment' added. The best and most well written comments from this thread will be posted there.

All smart arses welcome!

Kojima rocking the PSVR

Tweet to above picture confirms that their London Studios are working on another VR project

Link -

New VR title announced

The Telltale Project from Winking Entertainment and WindThunder

The Occasional Encounter from UserJoy Technology

O! My Genesis VR (tentative) from XPEC Entertainment

Source - Gematsu

Wait, DriveClub will support VR?

I'm definitely getting interested in this now.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Wait, DriveClub will support VR?

I'm definitely getting interested in this now.

There are talks of a TruckOSaurus simulator that will support VR. I think that just made it a day 1 buy for you.

Facebook's Oculus Rift Can't Compete With PlayStation VR or HTC Vive, But Its Marketing Might

In the video above, I outline the biggest competitors for virtual reality headset Oculus Rift, starting with the HTC  Vive. The HTC Vive is the most impactful tech demo I’ve experienced and that is saying something. There is no way for me to articulate how completely enveloped you are into these virtual worlds when you are using the HTC Vive. The ability to walk around with your own two legs in a virtual space takes you out of this world and into another that you couldn’t have never dreamed of. The HTC Vive makes it real, not a novelty, not just a game or a demo. You, as a  person, are in this completely new universe.

Peijun Guo wears the Oculus Rift VR headset at the Oculus booth at CES International, Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2016, in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/John Locher)

The Oculus Rift simply hasn’t been able to capture the emotion or immersion like the HTC Vive does. The HTC Vive has wonderfully accurate control sticks as well and Oculus Rift is working on their own but it is hard to imagine they will be as accurate or articulate as what I used in HTC Vive’s demos.

PlayStation VR already has its tried and true motion controller; the PlayStation Move, so it’s way ahead of the game when it come to accurate controls. PlayStation 4 also has something HTC Vive and Oculus Rift do not… the absolute largest user base. Last reported, over 36 million PlayStation 4s have been sold, dwarfing the number of virtual reality ready PCs by nearly three times.

Though the technical specs of the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift may be higher than PlayStation VR, that’s never been the point. Consoles are vastly cheaper and more user friendly with plenty of exclusive titles as well. This same formula for success will give PlayStation VR a distinct advantage.

Can anybody help me to embed the video in the above link?

Rumour: PSVR to cost $300 just for the headset with an addition package with camera and move controllers costing £129

PlayRoom VR in action.

Will be interesting to dig up the price prediction threads we had way back when.