By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AMD Confirms Nintendo NX 2016 Launch?

ohmylanta1003 said:
No. No. No. No. Nooooooooo!!! I'm so sick of people on VGChartz using the word confirmed in unconfirmed situations. If it's confirmed, it's confirmed. This is not confirmation. So don't use that word.

He put a question mark though.

Around the Network

No, NX will come 2017.

PxlStorm said:
No, NX will come 2017.

You been to the future? I think you should put "In my opinion".

Conina said:
Nem said:

It is coming out of nowhere. Its wild interpretation of what he said. Nintendo put their teams in the same building so they could share tech and resources towards speeding up development on all projects and have easier generational transitions. This looking at how much Nintendo HD games get delayed is obviously a good idea because they aren't confortable with it.

He did not say: "Oh and were gonna have the same system with 2 versions". The whole apple thing of constant iterations is a pipe dream of hardware manufacturers. It will NEVER work on the console market.

"Apple has a common platform called iOS. Another example is Android. Though there are various models, Android does not face software shortages because there is one common way of programming on the Android platform that works with various models. The point is, Nintendo platforms should be like those two examples. Whether we will ultimately need just one device will be determined by what consumers demand in the future, and that is not something we know at the moment. However, we are hoping to change and correct the situation in which we develop games for different platforms individually and sometimes disappoint consumers with game shortages as we attempt to move from one platform to another, and we believe that we will be able to deliver tangible results in the future."

Why did Iwata promote a common platform for all future Nintendo devices to avoid game shortages, if they want to keep the handheld and home console libraries separate?

That only works because they are not primary gaming platforms. How did the New 3DS work out? It was that, wasnt it?

Iwata was talking about development tech and speculated on what could have happen. Thats it. You are jumping to conclusions.

But wait... aren't you the same guys saying we should assume everything that Nintendo officials say is a lie? I am so confused over what we should take as true and what we shouldnt. Its so... SELECTIVE!

Nem said:
Conina said:
Nem said:

It is coming out of nowhere. Its wild interpretation of what he said. Nintendo put their teams in the same building so they could share tech and resources towards speeding up development on all projects and have easier generational transitions. This looking at how much Nintendo HD games get delayed is obviously a good idea because they aren't confortable with it.

He did not say: "Oh and were gonna have the same system with 2 versions". The whole apple thing of constant iterations is a pipe dream of hardware manufacturers. It will NEVER work on the console market.

"Apple has a common platform called iOS. Another example is Android. Though there are various models, Android does not face software shortages because there is one common way of programming on the Android platform that works with various models. The point is, Nintendo platforms should be like those two examples. Whether we will ultimately need just one device will be determined by what consumers demand in the future, and that is not something we know at the moment. However, we are hoping to change and correct the situation in which we develop games for different platforms individually and sometimes disappoint consumers with game shortages as we attempt to move from one platform to another, and we believe that we will be able to deliver tangible results in the future."

Why did Iwata promote a common platform for all future Nintendo devices to avoid game shortages, if they want to keep the handheld and home console libraries separate?

That only works because they are not primary gaming platforms. How did the New 3DS work out?

What do u mean, how did the New 3DS turn out? What does that have to do with anything?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Aidah said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
No. No. No. No. Nooooooooo!!! I'm so sick of people on VGChartz using the word confirmed in unconfirmed situations. If it's confirmed, it's confirmed. This is not confirmation. So don't use that word.

I know. Which means that it isn't confirmed. Just as many others have responded. You can't say confirmed and have a question mark. It doesn't make sense.

Ex: Eddie is definitely coming over tonight? If he's definitely coming over, then there shouldn't be a question mark. If you don't know if he's coming over or not, you wouldn't use the word definitely.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Nem said:
Conina said:
Nem said:

That only works because they are not primary gaming platforms. How did the New 3DS work out? It was that, wasnt it?

Iwata was talking about development tech and speculated on what could have happen. Thats it. You are jumping to conclusions.

But wait... aren't you the same guys saying we should assume everything that Nintendo officials say is a lie? I am so confused over what we should take as true and what we shouldnt. Its so... SELECTIVE!

New 3DS turned out fine, it's given Nintendo a decent boost, unless you want to argue that the 3DS hardware line would be better off with just one iteration. 

Multiple iterations of portables have helped Nintendo sell more hardware than they would have otherwise. 

The 3DS has been losing steam for a while now sales wise, N3DS has helped cushion it from a full on free fall and there are games that are able to take advantange of the extra horsepower while still working on the regular 3DS, so that works fine. 

Soundwave said:
Nem said:
Conina said:
Nem said:

New 3DS turned out fine, it's given Nintendo a decent boost, unless you want to argue that the 3DS hardware line would be better off with just one iteration. 

Multiple iterations of portables have helped Nintendo sell more hardware than they would have otherwise. 

The 3DS has been losing steam for a while now sales wise, N3DS has helped cushion it from a full on free fall and there are games that are able to take advantange of the extra horsepower while still working on the regular 3DS, so that works fine. 

Yep, New 3DS accomplished what it was meant to do, slow the decline and keep 3DS a viable platform until the successor is ready. it was never meant to be some miracle savior that boosted 3DS sales through the roof llike some people seem to think.

According to NPD, 3DS sold 3.84m in 2013, 2.58m in 2014 & 2.42m in 2015. It saw a 33% decline from 2013 to 2014 yet only saw a 7% decline from 2014 to 2015 despite having no truly massive selling software like 2014 had.

The same goes for Japan, in the first 9 months of 2014, 3DS was tracking about 40% down YOY, New 3DS released and the following 9 months were basically flat YOY.

I'm guessing Europe saw similar results.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Aidah said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

I know. Which means that it isn't confirmed. Just as many others have responded. You can't say confirmed and have a question mark. It doesn't make sense.

Ex: Eddie is definitely coming over tonight? If he's definitely coming over, then there shouldn't be a question mark. If you don't know if he's coming over or not, you wouldn't use the word definitely.

It's a question, basically he's asking, "does this confirm NX in 2016?" just like that person is asking, "is Eddie definitely coming over tonight?"

It makes perfect sense.

zorg1000 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
Aidah said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

It's a question, basically he's asking, "does this confirm NX in 2016?" just like that person is asking, "is Eddie definitely coming over tonight?"

It makes perfect sense.

If that's how you want to look at it, be my guest.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.