By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess HD is the most dissapointing Zelda remaster

Do you like the current TPHD?

Yes, because... 88 51.76%

No, because... 82 48.24%

Total:170
DivinePaladin said:

I think the implication here I have a problem with is that you're implying that Super Hero Mode is something people will have to go out of their way to experience; such a mode is made entirely for Zelda superfans, many of whom will already have the Ganon Amiibo.

If I'm not a "Zelda superfan" I don't know who is. I don't have any amiibo and I don't want any. What do I win?

Anyway, Hero Mode (simply multiplying damage taken by the player) is an ineffective bandaid for one of Twilight Princess's biggest problems. The difficulty needed to be completely rebalanced. The final boss has attacks that deal the bare minimum amount of damage measurable... Hero Mode doesn't fix that. In a game where your final max health is at least 4 times the amount you started with, endgame enemies should hit harder than the very first annoying bats you fight in the tutorial.

But actually balancing the difficulty curve sounds like a lot of work, let's just slap a damage multiplier on the game and ship it.

Around the Network

Well, I kinda agree with you, the difference between Ww and WW hd is much bigger than TP and TP hd, that's why I think they should have waited to NX to remaster it. But now that it's here, I'm buying it anyway, the game was horrible to play with the wiimote, I'll gladly play it again with the gamepad. And I'm secretly expecting they will release a new video showing much better improvements, as happened with mario 3d world. I know they won't, but hey, a man can dream :P

Honestly I kind of agree. However the added content and Amiibo features, along with the new Amiibo seem cool. The graphics are underwhelming though.

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

This remake was really unnecessary anyway, TP is a last gen game that can still be played on the Wii U, and with how well it sold, many have played it already and probably have their copies still since again it was only last gen.

Kennel83 said:
Well, I kinda agree with you, the difference between Ww and WW hd is much bigger than TP and TP hd, that's why I think they should have waited to NX to remaster it. But now that it's here, I'm buying it anyway, the game was horrible to play with the wiimote, I'll gladly play it again with the gamepad. And I'm secretly expecting they will release a new video showing much better improvements, as happened with mario 3d world. I know they won't, but hey, a man can dream :P

Actually I think TP HD have more graphical improvements, but WW have much better art style that aged great so with just better lightning and higher resolution looks beautiful again, something like that effect couldnt done with TP beacuse of art style that aged very bad.

Around the Network

IMO In this new trailer and in comparison with original, game look better than in first trailer and definatly much better than original game.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=212689&page=1#2

Miyamotoo said:
Kennel83 said:

Actually I think TP HD have more graphical improvements, but WW have much better art style that aged great so with just better lightning and higher resolution looks beautiful again, something like that effect couldnt done with TP beacuse of art style that aged very bad.

The lighting tech in TPHD doesn't look any different than the DX7 era stuff in the original, while WWHD was updated with HDR and per-pixel illumination.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Kennel83 said:

The lighting tech in TPHD doesn't look any different than the DX7 era stuff in the original, while WWHD was updated with HDR and per-pixel illumination.

WW HD definitely has better lighining than TP HD, my point is that even with lightning like that TP HD wouldn't look much better or nearly beautifule like WW HD because it wouldn't have same effect because huge differences in art styles.

What Twilight Princess mainly needs is an overhaul of models.... like the characters and buildings. If it had those two I feel like it would look better than it does. Cause the textures are vastly improved.... it's just the character models and buildings look outdated af so it takes away from the work put into it.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

This game could have been awesome as a NX Launch window game. I bet it would have sold and sold well with a real jump in graphical power. Fans probably would have flocked to it. But now? I'm not so sure. I'll still buy it but I do wonder what could have been.