By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ten moral conundrums

1. you have to choose your life as it is right now. nothing will get any better, nothing will get any worse. you will maintain the current level of quality in your life for the remainder of your life. or you can choose to become president of the united states of america, but you will be assassinated one year before your term ends. which do you choose?

Wouldn't want to be the president assassination or not. What a horrible horrible burden to bare!

2. would you rather be the greatest genius on earth, but never appreciated in your own lifetime or considered a genius within your own lifetime, but thought of as a mediocre hack after you died?

Considered a Genius. Might as well have the pleasure while actually living. Plus being the actually greatest genius sounds isolating and might make you crazy/disconnected/unrelatable

3. would you rather have a sexual partner who was great in bed, but was so ugly that they were somewhat of a social embarrasment, or would you rather have a lovely sexual partner who happened to be completely terrible in bed, but made people terribly envious of you?

I'll take the Hot girl and train her ass, lol

4. would you rather be the lead singer of an extremely popular but mediocre rock band, or would you rather be the greatest poet who ever lived with a small but dedicated fanbase?

I'd take talent over popularity any day

5. you are presented with two doors, but three options. option number one is to open the first door, option number two is to open the second door, option number three is to walk away. behind one door, there is fame, fortune, and fulfillment of all your dreams, and behind the other door is an axe wielding maniac who will chop you to pieces the second you open the door. you dont know which of these things is behind which door. do you choose to open one of these doors or do you choose to walk away?

Walk Away, I'd rather create my own fame, fortune, fulfillment than have it behind a door, and the axe parts not all that desirable either s/

6. if by killing yourself, all your enemies will be destroyed as well, would you kill yourself?

No enemies per say so no

7. if you had to take a long road trip with either a vietnam vet with a bad temper who had a gun on his person at all times, or a sociopath who quietly judged everything you did, what would you choose and why?

The Sociapathic judgement gun toting Vet of course

8. if you could obtain immortality by stomping a little girl's pet kitten to death before her crying eyes every christmas eve, would you do it?

Nope, life at the expense of other lives would be tough to bare and immortality sounds exhausting

9. if you loved someone with all of your heart and they hated everything about you, would you take ten years off of their life if it meant that they would love you in return?

Nope, and that bitch can keep the house for all I care

10. if you died and went to hell, and found that it is every bit as horrible as christians make it out to be, eternal fire, eternal suffering, eternal pain; but the devil offered you a deal - he said that for every soul on earth that you could tempt towards damnation, you will experience a one year reprieve from the agony of eternal hellfire, would you take his deal?

At that point screw it yeah why not, seems like a fair deal. And I would invite them to my Hell-versary once a year and we would all have cake.

Around the Network
PerturbedKitty said:

hey guys, perturbedkitty here back at you with another thread. today i have for you ten moral conundrums, and im interested to see how my fellow VGC members navigate through these scenarios. happy answering ^_^

1. you have to choose your life as it is right now. nothing will get any better, nothing will get any worse. you will maintain the current level of quality in your life for the remainder of your life. or you can choose to become president of the united states of america, but you will be assassinated one year before your term ends. which do you choose?

2. would you rather be the greatest genius on earth, but never appreciated in your own lifetime or considered a genius within your own lifetime, but thought of as a mediocre hack after you died?

3. would you rather have a sexual partner who was great in bed, but was so ugly that they were somewhat of a social embarrasment, or would you rather have a lovely sexual partner who happened to be completely terrible in bed, but made people terribly envious of you?

4. would you rather be the lead singer of an extremely popular but mediocre rock band, or would you rather be the greatest poet who ever lived with a small but dedicated fanbase?

5. you are presented with two doors, but three options. option number one is to open the first door, option number two is to open the second door, option number three is to walk away. behind one door, there is fame, fortune, and fulfillment of all your dreams, and behind the other door is an axe wielding maniac who will chop you to pieces the second you open the door. you dont know which of these things is behind which door. do you choose to open one of these doors or do you choose to walk away?

6. if by killing yourself, all your enemies will be destroyed as well, would you kill yourself?

7. if you had to take a long road trip with either a vietnam vet with a bad temper who had a gun on his person at all times, or a sociopath who quietly judged everything you did, what would you choose and why?

8. if you could obtain immortality by stomping a little girl's pet kitten to death before her crying eyes every christmas eve, would you do it?

9. if you loved someone with all of your heart and they hated everything about you, would you take ten years off of their life if it meant that they would love you in return?

10. if you died and went to hell, and found that it is every bit as horrible as christians make it out to be, eternal fire, eternal suffering, eternal pain; but the devil offered you a deal - he said that for every soul on earth that you could tempt towards damnation, you will experience a one year reprieve from the agony of eternal hellfire, would you take his deal?

1. President

2. Actual Genius

3. Neither

4. Poet

5. Door 1 

6. Doubt I'd ever accrue any enemies that I would wish death upon, so no.

7. Vietnam Vet - If I could somehow repay someone who likely sacrificed a great deal for the country, I would try, even though the scenario as presented doesn't necessarily mean that opportunity will occur.

8. No.

9. No - Long story short, loving someone means you may have to let them go. 

10. Not sure I can predict what a person who's in constant burning agony would do, if given the opportunity to alleviate themselves of that agony for any period of time at all.  That's sort of like agreeing to something under duress, you can't be held to that accord.

HylianYoshi said:

1. Life as is. Though all the power as President could lead to good things, It's difficult not to be hated by one half of the US. And so many things to impede progress too.

2. I'd rather be considered a great genius after my lifetime. Because it doesn't mean I'm hated, just unknown and unappreciated.

3. The cute one who's bad in bed. 

4. I would be the poet. I think if I was in a shit rock band, I'd know it and never be happy with the quality of music, and thus my entire life's work.

5. Walk away. I don't need fame and fortune, and fulfillment is something I can eventually accomplish myself. I don't even need to mention the other door.

6. I don't want to kill myself. And I don't want to kill all my enemies.

7. I'll take a trip with the vet. I'll just do things to make him like me and hopefully I won't be the one getting shot.

8. No. I'm not a killer, and I certainly don't want to cause unhappiness to others. I might not even want to live forever.

9. No. I don't want to do anything to anyone else for my own wants and needs.

10. Hell yeah, I'd take his deal.

Exactly this except for number 10.

I would not take the deal because I would not want to lead others to suffering and agony.  It is my fault for going to hell and I should man up and deal with it

1. Life as it is

2. Greatest genius before death

3. Option 2

4. First one easily

5. No way, my luck it terrible I'm walking away

6. I question the sanity of someone who would say yes to that

7. Option 2, we'd probably get along

8. Yep, if I wanted to eventually die I would stop doing it but yeah that kitten is dying.

9. No, there's billions of people on the earth to find and love. Like Shantel VanSaten

10. Why wouldn't I ateast try?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Where are the conundroms again?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

giving this a tag for a read later, some odd questions. Can just instantly answer the first with my own life please and thank you!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

1. Life as it is.

2. Greatest genius never appreciated in my lifetime

3. Great in bed

4. Extremely popular and mediocre

5. Walking away

6. If all my enemies are defined by me, yes.  If they are defined by other means, no.

7. Sociopath, we would probably get along.

8. Yes, bring me two if needed.

9. Yup

10. If the whole "ask for forgiveness and if you truly mean it you get to go to heaven anyway" thing that I keep hearing about didn't work, then absolutely.