By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Vote for the Top Wii U Games: Early 2016 Edition!

Did you vote last time?

Yes 6 10.17%

No 37 62.71%

What? 16 27.12%

Total:59

Back in May 2014, in a lull prior to the release of Mario Kart 8, Wii U owners on VGChartz voted for their Top Wii U games. Over 55 people voted on five games each, and from that we determined what the games for the Wii U the VGChartz community treasured the most. You can click here for the detailed results.

It has been nearly two years since that vote, and the lineup of Wii U games has grown enormously. And I feel that it would be interesting to once again find out which Wii U games are most beloved around here.

Voting will be done in a matter similar to the Most Wanted feature held monthly. Simply vote for your Top Five Wii U games in descending order. Votes will be counted up through the 29th, and hopefully I should have a nice Results thread with at least 11 games represented prepared before February.

Note that this is a vote for Wii U games only, not games playable on the Wii U (no Super Mario Galaxy or Virtual Console games). Both retail and eShop titles are eligible, including ports and bundled titles, but Wii-specific releases and Virtual Console titles ARE NOT ALLOWED! Neither are games released after January 18, 2016. I know this is unfair for all the big games coming out, such as... hmm... that LEGO Avengers game?

Example:

1. Super Mario 3000 (5 Points)

2. Niche Nintendo JRPG (4 Points)

3. 3rd Party Port (3 Points)

4. Pretentious eShop Indie Game (2 points)

5. Sonic Boom (1 point)

Consider the Following

• In May 2014, 11 games made the cut: Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros, Monster Huter Ultimate 3, ZombiU, Nintendo Land, and LEGO City: Undercover.
  • Some of the major retail games to come out since the last vote have been Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros for Wii U, Captain Toad, Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Super Mario Maker, and Xenoblade Chronicles X.
  • eShop games for the Wii U have included Shovel Knight, Freedom Planet, 1001 Spikes, Guacamelee, Pushmo World, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Affordable Space Adventures, Runbow, and Fast Racing Neo.

Vote Now!

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

1. Splatoon (5 Points)
2. Super Smash Bros (4 points)
3. Super Mario 3D World (3 points)
4. Mario Kart 8 (2 points)
5. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (1 point)

1. Super Smash Bros. Wii U
2. Mario Kart 8
3. Super Mario 3D Land
4. Hyrule Warriors
5. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

1. Mario Kart 8 (5 points)
2. Super Mario 3D World (4 points)
3. Xenoblade C. X (3 points)
4. Super Smash Bros 4 WiiU (2 points)
5. Bayonetta 2 (1 point)

1. Super Mario 3D World (5 Points)

2. Super Smash Bros for Wii U (4 Points)

3. Splatoon (3 Points)

4, Shovel Knight (2 Points)

5. Hyrule Warriors (1 Points)

Honorable Mentions for Mario Kart 8 and Pikmin 3. The bottom two spots were a close race.

Although my #1 choice has not changed since May 2014, everything else has. Launch titles Arkham City and ZombiU couldn't make the cut competing with latter Wii U games, and Wind Waker HD, though great, has lost a touch of its allure to me compared to other Zelda games I've played and replayed recently. Super Smash Bros for Wii U is close to perfection IMO, and is easily the best iteration of the series. Splatoon surprised me with how well Nintendo handheld both a new franchise and an online shooter, with plenty of new free content released for months in order to keep the players active, thus keeping the game healthy. I'd prefer a few more choices for multiplayer and a stronger campaign, but it's still great. Shovel Knight was great even in 2014, but the free Plague of Shadows DLC provided a parallel campaign with a distinct playstyle. The fact that both campaigns work so well is a major reason it is at #4. Last, Hyrule Warriors is top tier fanservice with content and meat to it. Its ideal audience is not as wide as some other games, but I happily am included.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X (5 Points)
2. Super Smash Bros 4 (4 Points)
3. Splatoon (3 Points)
4. Wind Waker HD (2 points)
5. Super Mario Maker (1 point)

1. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (5 Points)
2. Splatoon (4 Points)
3. Xenoblade Chronicles X (3 Points)
4. Bayonetta 2 (2 Points)
5. Super Mario 3D World (1 Point)

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

1. Fatal Frame 5 (5 Points)
2. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U edition (4 Points)
3. Bayonetta 2 (3 Points)
4. Bayonetta 1 (2 points)
5. Pikimin 3 (1 point)

1. Super Mario 3D World (5 points)
2. Splatoon (4 points)
3. Bayonetta 2 (3 points)
4. Xenoblade Chronicles X (2 points)
5. Yoshi's Woolly World (1 point)

Honorable mentions for Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, as they're just hanging out of the top 5. Also worth mentioning is that since The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is my favorite game of all time, it technically -should- be #1 on my list, but I didn't want to include a remaster/remake honestly, so I just went with pure Wii U games.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X (5 pts)
2. Lego City Undercover (4 pts)
3. Sonic Lost World (3 pts)
4. ZombiU (2 pts)
5. Fast Racing Neo (1 pt)