By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

Wright said:

I lost track of the discussion. Any charitable soul can resume things up to this point, please? :3

Group 1 - TP Wii affected consumer confidence on Nintendo

Group 2 - false

Pavolink - the game should have not be delayed in first place

I also participate in group 2.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Wright said:

I lost track of the discussion. Any charitable soul can resume things up to this point, please? :3

Group 1 - TP Wii affected consumer confidence on Nintendo

Group 2 - false

Pavolink - the game should have not be delayed in first place

I also participate in group 2.

Well thank you very much Pavo!

curl-6 said:
Pavolink said:

Then the problem is the big development cycle and because the games take so long to make. If it was done in a reasonable time, they will not have other choice but release it. But hey! Let's keep defending delays, because everything will be justified.

Sabe this in your kind and never forget: if the game was not delayed and released as promised in 2015, nobody will be talking about a dual release and only minor whispers about a possible enchanced port later will be happening now. Do you want to be satisfaced with your console and not be pissed because they are going to release this game on another console? Then start demanding them to release the game in the promised date and this speculation would have never happened in the first place.

Exactly.

If Nintendo had kept their promises and released Zelda on time instead of having another bloated 5-year production cycle, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Instead we have this ungodly mess, because of Nintendo's inability to release games in a timely fashion.

People can't even really blame HD development for the delays because Aonuma and the Zelda team do this with every mainline Zelda.  They could be 95% done with the game and then one day Aonuma or Miyamoto thinks "you know what would be cool?" and then they drop 1/3 of the game and add in an extra year of development.  I'm not really upset about it since I typically add a year to whatever date Nintendo sets for their mainline Zelda games.

J

wombat123 said:
curl-6 said:
Pavolink said:

Then the problem is the big development cycle and because the games take so long to make. If it was done in a reasonable time, they will not have other choice but release it. But hey! Let's keep defending delays, because everything will be justified.

Sabe this in your kind and never forget: if the game was not delayed and released as promised in 2015, nobody will be talking about a dual release and only minor whispers about a possible enchanced port later will be happening now. Do you want to be satisfaced with your console and not be pissed because they are going to release this game on another console? Then start demanding them to release the game in the promised date and this speculation would have never happened in the first place.

Exactly.

If Nintendo had kept their promises and released Zelda on time instead of having another bloated 5-year production cycle, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Instead we have this ungodly mess, because of Nintendo's inability to release games in a timely fashion.

People can't even really blame HD development for the delays because Aonuma and the Zelda team do this with every mainline Zelda.  They could be 95% done with the game and then one day Aonuma or Miyamoto thinks "you know what would be cool?" and then they drop 1/3 of the game and add in an extra year of development.  I'm not really upset about it since I typically add a year to whatever date Nintendo sets for their mainline Zelda games.

They always do for different reasons, not for the same you mentioned. On top of that, those ideas should be implemented in the next game rather than drop 1/3 of hard work, that is simply stupid and waste many resources. Zero sense to support that practice other than loving long development cycles and cross gen debates.

According to archbrix the Wii was unveiled in E3 2006 and got released in the same year.

He ignores the fact that Nintendo mentioned the system at E3 2004

He ignores the fact that Nintendo showed the console(how the box will look like) at E3 2005

He ignores the fact that Nintendo showed the controller at TGS 2005

Only to prove that Nintendo can announce and release a console in the same year.

LOL

I am not saying that NX won't be released this year but saying they have done it in the past (reveal and release a system in the same year) is 100% wrong

Around the Network
wombat123 said:

Aonuma needs to hand over the reigns to some new blood. His habit of derailing a game's production to run off chasing butterflies has become a serious problem when we have other developers making considerably more demanding games than Zelda in half the time.

PowerXXX said:
According to archbrix the Wii was unveiled in E3 2006 and got released in the same year.

He ignores the fact that Nintendo showed the console(how the box will look like) at E3 2005

Only to prove that Nintendo can announce and release a console in the same year.

LOL

I am not saying that NX won't be released this year but saying they have done it in the past (reveal and release a system in the same year) is 100% wrong

System refers to both handheld and homeconsole, and following that you are the wrong one because both DS and 3DS were announced and released in the same calendar year or within 12 months apart.

curl-6 said:
wombat123 said:

Aonuma needs to hand over the reigns to some new blood. His habit of derailing a game's production to run off chasing butterflies has become a serious problem when we have other developers making considerably more demanding games than Zelda in half the time.

I think Aonuma is fine, however I think there needs to be a 2nd team working on Zelda titles. Aonuma is responsible for 3D Zelda, 2D Zelda, spinoffs and remakes, that's tough on any individual.

Let Aonuma and his team handle 3D Zelda, have another team work on 2D Zelda and let them split up spinoffs/remakes.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Pavolink said:

PowerXXX said:

LOL

System refers to both handheld and homeconsole, and following that you are the wrong one because both DS and 3DS were announced and released in the same calendar year or within 12 months apart.

I was talking for home consoles only.

But if you want to want to mention handhelds lets see.....

Nintendo announced in November 2003 that there will be a new handeheld next year

Announcement 2003 - Release 2004 (Two different years)

Nintendo announced 3DS in March 2010, reveiled it at E3 2010 and it was released in February 2011

Announcement 2010 - Release 2011 (Two different years)

The fact remains that these systems got announced/reveiled and released in different years. It is by no means the same thing as Sony did with PS4 (announcement/reveal and release in the same year 2013).

PowerXXX said:
Pavolink said:

I was talking for home consoles only.

But if you want to want to mention handhelds lets see.....

Nintendo announced in November 2003 that there will be a new handeheld next year

Announcement 2003 - Release 2004 (Two different years)

Nintendo announced 3DS in March 2010, reveiled it at E3 2010 and it was released in February 2011

Announcement 2010 - Release 2011 (Two different years)

The fact remains that these systems got announced/reveiled and released in different years. It is by no means the same thing as Sony did with PS4 (announcement/reveal and release in the same year 2013).

There's nothing complicated about showing a system and releasing it in the same year. 

Just don't show the damn system 2 years before. There. Simple. 

The Ultra 64/N64 was announced when the SNES was only 2 years old in the US. They don't do that anymore because it's STUPID to do that. It's good to break with some traditions, because quite frankly some traditions don't make sense. 

Announcing a system and releasing it within 12 months is simply a better way to do things. 

I'm sure if they really wanted to they could have shown the NX's plastic casing at last E3 like Iwata did with the Revolution at E3 2005. There's just no point to doing that really. What does it accomplish really?