By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - the Wii U is not getting replaced this year, guys

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

Pure fact is TP on Wii huge success in every possible way. But you keep denying that.

Because it initially released on Wii yes, if it would have been the second release I don't think it would be the same story.

So what you're saying is the next Zelda should launch first on the NX and then be delayed for Wii U players. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
bigtakilla said:

Because it initially released on Wii yes, if it would have been the second release I don't think it would be the same story.

So what you're saying is the next Zelda should launch first on the NX and then be delayed for Wii U players. 

If they want to do more damage than has already been done they could be my guest. Then check out the sales of the console that follows NX if it doesn't catch on. Anti-consumer business practices aren't the best way to go about things.

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

Pure fact is TP on Wii huge success in every possible way. But you keep denying that.

So you saying 3 weeks made huge difference and those 3 weeks are reason why TP port on Wii is so successful!?

Soundwave said:
PerturbedKitty said:
You guys who are saying that zelda u is going to be releasing on two platforms are lucky that school started this week and that I'm stuck in class right now.
To those saying that zelda u will stay exclusive: I'm sorry. I know, my people need me. I need to be here to fight in this battle but I just haven't had any time. I'm hoping to be here tonight and we will prove these people wrong and then make fun of them for being incorrect.

Fact is no one's opinion on this matter means shit. 

The decision will be made ultimately by Nintendo's sales department. 

lol ok. Coming from a guy who has been participating in this thread for pages and pages and pages, it's all meaningless and none of our opinions matter. lol good job.

Regardless, one side is right and one side is wrong, and we will see who that's going to be in time. and it's going to be hilarious.

Soundwave said:
Thunderbird77 said:

We already knew it was in development since SS was finished, does that mean it was announced in 2011? In 2013, nintendo openly said a new Zelda was being developed for wii u. In 2014, it was announced.

It was announced in 2013, it was shown in 2014. These are two different things. 

Pikmin 4 was announced last year by Miyamoto. Nintendo has not shown it yet. 

Except that we never know if a new pikmin is being developed untill nintendo says so. Zelda is always being developed, making nintendo's words at the jan 2013 direct very redundant. Zelda U was only announced in 2014, just like NX will only be announced in 2016.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:

You don't know anything. Zelda U was announced in june 2014. Saying that a zelda game is in development is like saying a new mario is also in development. By your logic, ALL of nintendo's future hardware and many of it's software is already announced, because we know they're in development.

Yup, proves my point you don't know nothing. Pure fact is that they announced Zelda for Wii U in Januar 2013. At E3 2014 they just showed that Zelda U that already had announcement.

No, by logic (not just mine), announced software is only software that Nintendo confirmed is working on, (like they done with Zelda U in Januar 2013), not software we asussiming Nintendo is working on.

Do you realize your posts don't have any sense!?

In that case, Zelda U was announced in november 2011 and NX was announced either early 2011 or late 2012. See how that doesn't make any sense? But that's what you're saying anyway.

PerturbedKitty said:
Soundwave said:

Fact is no one's opinion on this matter means shit. 

The decision will be made ultimately by Nintendo's sales department. 

lol ok. Coming from a guy who has been participating in this thread for pages and pages and pages, it's all meaningless and none of our opinions matter. lol good job.

Regardless, one side is right and one side is wrong, and we will see who that's going to be in time. and it's going to be hilarious.

I know my opinion doesn't mean shit. You're kidding yourself if you think yours does. 

I've been following Nintendo for 25 years. They do whatever the fuck they want to do, often times at complete odds with whatever their fanbase wants. 

The fact is Wii U fans on this board have been wrong about 5000 different things this gen (Wii U is going to be a big success! Uh, no. Wii U is going to be almost as powerful as a PS4 or at least XB1! Uh, no. Wii U sales will explode after Mario 3D World and Mario Kart come out. Uh, no. Wii U will get a real Animal Crossing for 100% sure! Uh, no.) anyway so claiming massive confidence when I doubt you predicted any of this gen going this badly for Nintendo in the first place doesn't mean a whole lot. 

Pavolink said:
bigtakilla said:

Acting like you know how many people would be upset by this doesn't change the fact that currently Nintendo can afford to lose exactly 0 people.

I'm not the one acting in an imaginary world where a fanbase will be pissed for a dual release when the last time that happened nobody was pissed and the franchise saw a rise in sales. Basically, the opposite of your premise.

The rise in sales wasn't because of the dual release, people were simply more hyped for TP than for other Zeldas before. If the wiimote and nunchuck were capable of playing GC games, TP sales would be basically the same.

Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yup, proves my point you don't know nothing. Pure fact is that they announced Zelda for Wii U in Januar 2013. At E3 2014 they just showed that Zelda U that already had announcement.

No, by logic (not just mine), announced software is only software that Nintendo confirmed is working on, (like they done with Zelda U in Januar 2013), not software we asussiming Nintendo is working on.

In that case, Zelda U was announced in november 2011 and NX was announced either early 2011 or late 2012. See how that doesn't make any sense? But that's what you're saying anyway.

• doing/developing something, but not talking/writing about it in public: no announcement.
  • doing/developing something AND talking/writing about it in public: announcement.
  • rumors are no announcements

Now you can check the dates:

• When did an Nintendo official talked/wrote the first time about NX in public?
  • When did an Nintendo official talked/wrote the first time about Zelda U in public?
  • When did an Nintendo official talked/wrote the first time about Pikmin 4 in public?

Conina said:
Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

• doing/developing something, but not talking/writing about it in public: no announcement.
  • doing/developing something AND talking/writing about it in public: announcement.
  • rumors are no announcements

Now you can check the dates:

• When did an Nintendo official talked/wrote the first time about NX in public?
  • When did an Nintendo official talked/wrote the first time about Zelda U in public?
  • When did an Nintendo official talked/wrote the first time about Pikmin 4 in public?

Whenever nintendo said they're always developing the next hardware is when they announced NX, according to that logic. Same for Zelda. Pikmin is the only different one.