By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo CEO Kimishima´s plans for 2016 in Japanese newspaper

Can't wait for the Wii Sports anime.

bet: lost

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Anime based on Nintendo characters? Oh, my, I'm hyped. I truly want a Fire Emblem anime. I think it'd work great if they do it right.

I'm all for it.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Ooh, I'd love some anime based off Nintendo IPs.

I will cry happy if they do a Fire Emblem anime. (They did one a long time ago, but there were only two episodes. T_T)

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

SJReiter said:
Only "details" on the NX? Uh oh, that's not a good sign.

The details they release could also be the release date in 2016 :P

HylianYoshi said:
Can't wait for the Wii Sports anime.

"Adventures on Wuhu Island" It will be about a group of Miis that during the day participate in all of the sport actvities and during the night solve the mysteries of the Wuhu ruins, discovering an ancient civilization that threatens to conquer the world and can only be defeated by challenge them to a different sport each day.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

He might be just what Nintendo needs.

Xenoblade anime, anyone?

NX details this year, NX launch 2017.

Darwinianevolution said:
If Nintendo is thinking about making animes of their franchises, does that mean we could get a Kid Icarus series? Or a Spatoon anime, now that is all the rage in Japan?

Iirc Splatoon did have a manga or something already, but I wouldn't get my hopes too high if Pokemon and that Animal Crossing movie are any indication of how future animes will go. 

Volterra_90 said:
Anime based on Nintendo characters? Oh, my, I'm hyped. I truly want a Fire Emblem anime. I think it'd work great if they do it right.

Didn't they release one in the 90's?

Volterra_90 said:

I think a Splatoon anime seems more likely considering how hot of a property it is in Japan right now and how much easier it would be to work with considering its distinct setting and lack of story or main characters.  You could make a comedic slice of life anime that would have a lot of universal appeal without much trouble.