By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A World Without Nintendo ...

I don't think it would be a big loss to the gaming world. I'm just talking about a business perspective, the other platforms (Sony, Microsoft, PC gaming) are big enough to think that gaming would colapse. But I'd be very sad, since I think Nintendo brings a neccessary brighter side to the gaming world, which is, in my opinion, full of dark and violent games. I have always wondered, what the hell would children play suitable for their age if Nintendo doesn't exist.

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:

No. We have no idea how it would end up.

Sure we do ... 

We'd only need to minimize the effects that Nintendo had to get a probable outcome ... 

spemanig said:
Lawlight said:

It would. All you'd get are games like LoL.

First of all, no you wouldn't, and second, League is literally one of the biggest games on the plannet today. It isn't even remotely niche.

One of the biggest games... in Asia maybe.

A lot of creativity came from video gaming and a lot of video gaming is in response to Nintendo (which followed earlier consoles). It boggles the mind. Hell, Sony might not be into gaming and Blu Ray might not have ever become a thing.

I imagine it would be a cross between the world in "I Am Legend" and the apocalyptic world from "Back to the Future 2".

I suppose Sega would pick up the slack, perhaps the SG-1000 would be more succesful and it, or a more powerful second model, would see a worldwide release. Assuming that Sega is succesful in America then their only competition would be home computers and a dying Atari. There would be no Alex Kidd or Sonic the Hedgheog since those were created to compete with Mario so perhaps Sega would create a new original mascot or just stick with Opa-Opa.

The new face of gaming