By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2015 NPD Thread! PS4 and XBO exclusives LTD up!

Microsoft's PR:

“Thanks to our fans, continued support for the most critically-acclaimed holiday lineup of exclusives in Xbox history made December 2015 the best month yet for Xbox Live global engagement and Xbox One sales in the U.S. The total number of hours spent gaming on Xbox One worldwide nearly doubled compared to December 2014 and Xbox One exclusive game sales in the U.S. between July and December 2015 were up 61 percent compared to the same period in 2014. Revenue from Xbox Store’s Countdown, the biggest Xbox Store sale ever, broke records with 69 percent growth year-over-year when compared to results from last year’s sale. Xbox One is the best place for gamers and the only console that has all top 10 best-selling titles of this generation that launched in 2015.”

Around the Network
poklane said:

Microsoft's PR:

“Thanks to our fans, continued support for the most critically-acclaimed holiday lineup of exclusives in Xbox history made December 2015 the best month yet for Xbox Live global engagement and Xbox One sales in the U.S. The total number of hours spent gaming on Xbox One worldwide nearly doubled compared to December 2014 and Xbox One exclusive game sales in the U.S. between July and December 2015 were up 61 percent compared to the same period in 2014. Revenue from Xbox Store’s Countdown, the biggest Xbox Store sale ever, broke records with 69 percent growth year-over-year when compared to results from last year’s sale. Xbox One is the best place for gamers and the only console that has all top 10 best-selling titles of this generation that launched in 2015.”

This part is BS. Good for them I guess? I just hope Halo 5 did really well digital, as it didn't even make the top 10...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

tag

Woo. Go PS4. Can't wait for Star Ocean 5.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Hiku said:
barneystinson69 said:

This part is BS. Good for them I guess? I just hope Halo 5 did really well digital, as it didn't even make the top 10...

Well I gotta admit, it's pretty amusing to see what they come up with. They said something similar once or twice earlier in the year.

They could actually be right if we dont include CoD AW, minecraft and gta V they might be but i doubt it anyway. 

Around the Network
poklane said:

Microsoft's PR:

I can't keep up with all the different ways MS tries to describe it's game lineup. And what the sort of contortion is "top 10 best selling titles of this generation that launched in 2015"? 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Sooooo what the hell happened with Nintendo? Literally no games in the top 10 and no PR from them either? I'm thinking this could've been the worst holiday season for Nintendo in like 10 years.

poklane said:

Microsoft's PR:

I have motion sickness.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

jason1637 said:
Hiku said:

Well I gotta admit, it's pretty amusing to see what they come up with. They said something similar once or twice earlier in the year.

They could actually be right if we dont include CoD AW, minecraft and gta V they might be but i doubt it anyway. 

According to VGC annual software numbers for the USA, Halo 5 is in the top 10 games of 2015 that launched in 2015. So yeah, I expect MS is correct on this as they will have looked at NPDs full 2015 SW rankings well beyond the top 10, and only counting games that launched in 2015 is what they decided is best for putting a positive spin on software.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

So,I guess exclusives doesn't matter that much, huh?