By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 Vs Gears of War 4 (Metacritic and Sales)

What game will emerge victorious?

Uncharted both in sales and Metacritic 307 85.28%

Gears of War in both sales and Metacritic 17 4.72%

Uncharted on sales, Gears on Metacritic 16 4.44%

Gears on sales, Uncharted on Metacritic 12 3.33%

Splatoon both on sales and Metacritic 8 2.22%

Total:360

Gears of War, the iconic Xbox third person shooter, and likewise, Uncharted for PlayStation.

Both are releasing this year and will be forced to clash against each other in gaming discussion, hence, this thread.

So I ask you:

1) What game do you think will have better sales?

2) What game do you think will have a higher score on Metacritic?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Sales = Uncharted 4.

Metacritic = I'll give the edge to Uncharted 4. Considering the low hype Gears of War 4 has, it might take people by surprise. Or not, in which case Uncharted 4 gets the upper hand in meta. xD

1) Uncharted 4, of course. Higher user base and the IP is in better shape/media coverage than Gears.

2) Uncharted 4, again. People seem uninpressed by what they've seen at E3 and Uncharted is the opposite: people are extremely happy. I think this is a sign.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Uncharted 4 will win both easy.

I imagine sales will be lower than Halo 5 and it won't break 90 on Metacritic.

Edit: Looking at some more information on the matter, and I'm even more certain. Uncharted has been beating Gears in sales and scores since 2009. On top of that, Uncharted 4 looks awesome, Gears 4 looks meh. Naughty Dog is making Uncharted, a studio nobody has ever heard of is making Gears.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Uncharted. Simple as that.

bet: lost

Around the Network

Userbase means Uncharted will sell more.

Metacritic is a crapshoot.

Historically, mainline Gears games have a slight edge, but its been so long and reviews are done differently now, so who knows.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Uncharted 4 for both, with the release of the Nathan drake collection I can imagine that has created quite a few new fans to the series and with the higher install Base. Also higher metacritic but only just, I reckon naughty do are going to go all out on this seen as it's nates last adventure.

If HALO has series fatigue. Gears will definitely have series fatigue.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Uncharted will win both, easy.

I expect Uncharted to win both.