By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 Vs Gears of War 4 (Metacritic and Sales)

What game will emerge victorious?

Uncharted both in sales and Metacritic 307 85.28%

Gears of War in both sales and Metacritic 17 4.72%

Uncharted on sales, Gears on Metacritic 16 4.44%

Gears on sales, Uncharted on Metacritic 12 3.33%

Splatoon both on sales and Metacritic 8 2.22%

Total:360

Oh, it's a joke thread, designed to humiliate Xbox fans, I get it.

Around the Network

I expect Uncharted to win both. However, I find it kinda ironic that people seem so underwhelmed by Gears of War 4, when it's the first game in the series to look even remotely interesting to me personally.

Uncharted will have better quality and more sales.

AbbathTheGrim said:
binary solo said:
What's the track record for franchises that have been handed off by their creator to a whole different studio? A series that is rather on a critical decline to boot.

Games we could consider are:

latest Halo OK-ish

Treyarch pretty muuch alternating with Infinity Ward for Call of Duty It's now the top CoD studio, but it spent a few years being the lesser studio

Devil May Cry by Ninja Theory Ummm...not sure. Went off on a bit of a tangent and didn't really capture the essence of the originals?

And Metroid Not so good?

So for the most part not as good as the original developers, hence expectations should be somewhat lowered.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Skratchy said:
Oh, it's a joke thread, designed to humiliate Xbox fans, I get it.

Nope.

binary solo said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Games we could consider are:

latest Halo OK-ish

Treyarch pretty muuch alternating with Infinity Ward for Call of Duty It's now the top CoD studio, but it spent a few years being the lesser studio

Devil May Cry by Ninja Theory Ummm...not sure. Went off on a bit of a tangent and didn't really capture the essence of the originals?

And Metroid Not so good?

So for the most part not as good as the original developers, hence expectations should be somewhat lowered.

I thinkt expectations for another dev could be high if people love/respect the dev that takes charge of someone else's IP, so I don't think this applies universally.

In this case, I think people are waiting to see what The Coalition comes up with.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Hmm. I'm choosing Gears in sales and Uncharted on Metacritic. Then again, who knows?

CGI-Quality said:
Wagram said:
Hmm. I'm choosing Gears in sales and Uncharted on Metacritic. Then again, who knows?

Why Gears in sales?

I really believe Microsoft will market the hell out of Gears this holiday as the big one. Gears is still (based on historical data) a bigger franchise than Uncharted. However, there are other factors that may influence sales for each. Gears 4 is being made by an unproven team, Gears 4 is coming out in the holiday season, how many Uncharted fans have bought a PS4 by now, and the fact that Uncharted 4 was delayed but still has a ridiculous amount of hype behind it.

I don't believe the Ultimate edition of Gears or Collection of Uncharted can really be used to extrapolate data in this case. I'm very interested to see how many new fans Uncharted may have accrued due to the collection though.

First month of U4 > Gears 4 lifetime

Meta for U4 as well

BraLoD said:
Roronaa_chan said:
First month of U4 > Gears 4 lifetime

Meta for U4 as well

Dammit, don't jinx it!

I remember you were "Halo 5 FY > Uncharted 4 LT" until before Halo came out.

ND isn't 343iDontKnowWhatImDoing and PS4 isn't X1

Uncharted should be the clear winner, on both fronts.