By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One gotta go: Platform games edition

Which one gotta go?

Super Mario World 17 19.54%

Sonic the hedgehog 2 24 27.59%

Megaman 2 46 52.87%

Total:87

In the last edition of "One gotta go", with 47% of the votes, Fatal Frame was picked as the survival horror franchise that has to go

Time for a new contest please read before you vote because some people misunderstood and voted wrong.

So what´s this thing about? easy, I choose 3 games (or franchises) of the same genre (or similar) and you pick the one you would eliminate from history (meaning it never existed so you never got a chance to play it)

Please be sure to share some comments when you vote because I do like reading your thoughts

Let´s take a look at the 3 games of this edition

So, which one gotta go?

Around the Network

I'd say Mega Man 2. If only because Sonic 2 and especially Mario World have had a much bigger impact on both people and the industry. Not to mention that those 2 games influenced later titles in the series to an extent that can't be ignored, while the Mega Man series never really did change that much, MM2 or not.

bet: lost

Oh goodness, this is a tough one.

They're all great games, but if I had to choose one, probably Mega Man 2, solely because Mega Man isn't as iconic as Mario or Sonic.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Not entirely sure why, but I had more enjoyment from Mario World and Sonic 2. Mega Man 2 is a great game but I'd say it's my least favorite of the three

On a completely related note, I hated Sophie's Choice.

Around the Network

Gonna have to say Sonic. Sure he's more iconic, but I enjoyed Megaman and Mario World tons more. Not being able to play either of them would be a true travesty for me.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I guess the deciding factor for me is historical impact and how it guided my experience... Mario was hugely important for obvious reasons and was one of the biggest reasons I loved Nintendo, and Sonic got me into the Genesis and later dreamcast.

Megaman, while fun, didn't really steer me towards other great games quite like the previous two did. Heck, I had virtually zero interest in sega until the second sonic game.

Hmm, this is pretty difficult... probably will go with Mega Man though :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

So much ouch here. I love all 3 games, but Sonic 2 is my 2nd or 3rd favorite game of all time, and Mario World is really high up there too. Megaman 2 doesn't quite cut it for me. So Megaman 2 has to go.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

This is a hard one... ehh sonic 2 is what I have to choose.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).