Forums - Gaming Discussion - One gotta go: Platform games edition

Which one gotta go?

Super Mario World 17 19.54%

Sonic the hedgehog 2 24 27.59%

Megaman 2 46 52.87%

Total:87

In the last edition of "One gotta go", with 47% of the votes, Fatal Frame was picked as the survival horror franchise that has to go

Time for a new contest please read before you vote because some people misunderstood and voted wrong.

So what´s this thing about? easy, I choose 3 games (or franchises) of the same genre (or similar) and you pick the one you would eliminate from history (meaning it never existed so you never got a chance to play it)

Please be sure to share some comments when you vote because I do like reading your thoughts

Let´s take a look at the 3 games of this edition

So, which one gotta go?

Around the Network

I'd say Mega Man 2. If only because Sonic 2 and especially Mario World have had a much bigger impact on both people and the industry. Not to mention that those 2 games influenced later titles in the series to an extent that can't be ignored, while the Mega Man series never really did change that much, MM2 or not.

bet: lost

Oh goodness, this is a tough one.

They're all great games, but if I had to choose one, probably Mega Man 2, solely because Mega Man isn't as iconic as Mario or Sonic.

I've played all three.

So my vote for elimination goes to Mega Man 2.

Super Mario World and Sonic the Hedgehog were two great games and important installments of each franchise - way more than Mega Man at least for me.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Not entirely sure why, but I had more enjoyment from Mario World and Sonic 2. Mega Man 2 is a great game but I'd say it's my least favorite of the three

Around the Network

On a completely related note, I hated Sophie's Choice.

Gonna have to say Sonic. Sure he's more iconic, but I enjoyed Megaman and Mario World tons more. Not being able to play either of them would be a true travesty for me.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I guess the deciding factor for me is historical impact and how it guided my experience... Mario was hugely important for obvious reasons and was one of the biggest reasons I loved Nintendo, and Sonic got me into the Genesis and later dreamcast.

Megaman, while fun, didn't really steer me towards other great games quite like the previous two did. Heck, I had virtually zero interest in sega until the second sonic game.

Hmm, this is pretty difficult... probably will go with Mega Man though :/

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread -

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

So much ouch here. I love all 3 games, but Sonic 2 is my 2nd or 3rd favorite game of all time, and Mario World is really high up there too. Megaman 2 doesn't quite cut it for me. So Megaman 2 has to go.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread