By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Im off to start Bloodborne. Any tips?

VXIII said:

-Git gud.

-Don't forget the locations of locked doors, side passages, and so on. The game don't tell you where to go, so you will be returning to those most likely. Assuming of course you don't use some kind of guide. which you shouldn't for the main objective of the game at least.

-Read the description of the items, a lot of interesting lore elements are there.

Git Gud? This game is going to force me to be good. LOL

Around the Network
DakonBlackblade said:

Exlplore a lot, there are lots of usefull itens and hiden paths on every corner.

Every time you face a boss pay atention to his moveset, dont go in thinking you gona ace it cause most likely you gona die a few times till you learn how to counter his actions. Turn every fight into a learning experience

Do not start with the Threaded Cane, it looks awesome but is by far the hardest starting weapon to master, if youre new to the series that is like playing Bloodborne on hard.

Find a weapon that you like and dumo every upgrade bloodstones you come across on this 1 weapon, do not spread the upgrade stones across multiple weapons. Having 1 well developed weapon is key.

If you have too many Blood Echoes and things are getting tough and youre afraid to loose them, use the item that warps you back to the lamp and spend your echoes before continuing, its better to have to replay a section of the game than decide to truck on, die and loosing all your hard earned echoes.

Generaly just be patient, rushing is not realy good in this series.

If you got the Old Hunters DLC dont go for the DLC areas as soon as possible, wait till you lv 70sh at least otherwise youll be mauled, the DLC area is much harder than the normal game, some of the bosses are as brutal as brutal can be.

Read Iten Descriptions, theres a lot of nice lore insights there.

Holy hell. Heh.I am wrecked a bunch of guys but have to go back to the beginning. My mentality is going to completely change because ive never played a game that doesnt care for my progress. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Holy hell. Heh.I am wrecked a bunch of guys but have to go back to the beginning. My mentality is going to completely change because ive never played a game that doesnt care for my progress. 

It has a insteresting effect on you, having too many echoes and walking in an area you dont know, you get kinda paranoid watching every corner and quite anxious that something will jump you and you might die and waste all those hard earned echoes. It affects your gameplay, you tend to play so defensively you cant function. Its a very wierd sensation hehe.

Versus_Evil said:

More than enough, remembering to open shortcuts is key.

This is another reason exploring a lot helps, you find shortcuts that are lifesaving.

- Accept that you are going to die a lot
- Accept you'll have to kill the same enemies in the same spot dozens of times due to the previous point
- Explore and get all the shortcuts you can. That will reduce the previous points
- Study the area carefully and think a plan to get through it.
- Never rush even if you think you know the area. Never assume you're safe.
- Try to take enemies one on one. Fighting more than two at the same time is almost suicidal.
- Learn each enemy's pattern and act acordingly
- Dodge
- Use vials anytime you think are needed. You'll get a reasonable amount of them during the game.
- Molotov Cocktails are very usefull to take groups of enemies and beasts. If you add oil to the mix, the damage is outstanding. Use the last only during difficult fights and only if you see a clear opening on the enemy
- Use your gun. If you shot an enemy (especially bosses and big monsters) just when he's about to land a hit on you, he may fall on its knees. If you then place in front of him you can use a visceral attack that will do tons of damage
- Repair and upgrade your weapons whenever you can

Not something you should do but you can avoid all enemies and reach the next lantern fairly easily.

Around the Network

You cant spend your blood echos to level up until you've faced the first boss atleast once.

Guns dont do much damage and should only be used to stagger enemys. If you shoot them just before they get of an attack they stagger then you can go up to them and press R1 and ull get a special animation where you get a critical attack.

Explore every nook and cranny for items/weapons

Be vigilant...

Hunting Season is done...

betacon said:
Not something you should do but you can avoid all enemies and reach the next lantern fairly easily.

I tried this, but the sniper got in my way, so I shot him off of his carriage. Good riddance...

Well not really...

I died 

so now I have to shoot him again. 

LAWL

Vodacixi said:
- Accept that you are going to die a lot
- Accept you'll have to kill the same enemies in the same spot dozens of times due to the previous point
- Explore and get all the shortcuts you can. That will reduce the previous points
- Study the area carefully and think a plan to get through it.
- Never rush even if you think you know the area. Never assume you're safe.
- Try to take enemies one on one. Fighting more than two at the same time is almost suicidal.
- Learn each enemy's pattern and act acordingly
- Dodge
- Use vials anytime you think are needed. You'll get a reasonable amount of them during the game.
- Molotov Cocktails are very usefull to take groups of enemies and beasts. If you add oil to the mix, the damage is outstanding. Use the last only during difficult fights and only if you see a clear opening on the enemy
- Use your gun. If you shot an enemy (especially bosses and big monsters) just when he's about to land a hit on you, he may fall on its knees. If you then place in front of him you can use a visceral attack that will do tons of damage
- Repair and upgrade your weapons whenever you can

I really hate that you have to use the menu to actively use your molotov cocktails. I wish there was a special slot you could put it in like The Witcher and just employ it when need be. Outside of this i've never felt like such a happy masochist in my life. LOL

Learn from your mistakes. Some of them you'll make, and some of the of them are are specifically designed to surprise you.

Try to explore and play the game without a guide. It's ok to use one for the side quests because they're a little obtuse in explaining what the players should do and what options are available. When you reach the end of the game (you'll know when that happens) learn how to get the "hidden" ending if you want to.

edit: oh, and learn how to use the gun early on when the enemies and bosses are slow. 

.- -... -.-. -..