By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan's Best Sellers: ♯DEC Edition (MHX #1 SW, N3DSLL #1 HW)

Darwinianevolution said:
LipeJJ said:

Yes, that's what I'm saying. .-.

Sorry, I meant 2014. :P

Oh, ok then. :P

Well, I'm sure it was as well (and 2013, 2012 and so on too). But I always remember seeing at least 1 Vita (or PS3) game there. =o

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Interesting thread as always Kylee, thanks!

Dr.Vita said:
LipeJJ said:
So, the 3DS did won as expected and Wii U surpassed the PS4 this month. But what's impressive is the fact that the top 10 software of the year is basically just 3DS and Wii U games. Not a single Xbox/PlayStation game there. Is this a first?

Kylee uses Famitsu numbers.
In Media Create top 10 there is Minecraft on PS Vita.
If we combine the sales from the PS3 and PS4 versions of Metal Gear Solid V and Dragon Quest Heroes they would be in top 10 too.

True! Completely forgot about Main~Craft Vita. It's definitely on the top 10 of last year.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Is this 2 years in a row nintendo held the top 10 spots?
It's only been done once before in the past 20years or so

tbone51 said:

I think they did that in 2014, so yes. Two consecutive years with the japanese Top 10 for games on Nintendo systems. I blame the decay of home consoles in Japan, the western focus that Sony did with the PS4 and the weaker performance of the Vita (compared to the 3DS). 2016 will break the record, with FFXV and Persona 5.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
tbone51 said:

I think they did that in 2014, so yes. Two consecutive years with the japanese Top 10 for games on Nintendo systems. I blame the decay of home consoles in Japan, the western focus that Sony did with the PS4 and the weaker performance of the Vita (compared to the 3DS). 2016 will break the record, with FFXV and Persona 5.

Damn now thinking about it, what will the top 10 games of 2016 will be? It be funny if splatoon was in but I doubt it. Many heavy hitters next year. 

vivster said:
Looking at the X1 numbers makes even me sad.

It will probably continue to look sad throughout the year or its lifetime. 

Pocky Lover Boy!