By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Oculus Rift.. $599 US - Ships in March.. UDPATE: Now MAY

The best I could do with limited time, skills and care.

EDIT: The plot thickens when Oculus forgets the decimal point on the preorder page:

EDIT 2: Seems they fixed it now, but I got a good laugh out of it.

Around the Network

Oh noes! New Technology is expensive! Who could've forseen this?! Nobody i tells ya! Gasp!

"Players slowly trickled into other regions around the world. Prices for the first players in 1997 were $1000 and up."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_player

Hunting Season is done...

Oh my, that takes me back to a time of giant enemy crabs, racing games and second jobs

Too much. People need to get their feet wet first.

make it $1600 if your PC aren't powerful enough to support it...

Around the Network

facebook killed the vr star

HTC Vive ftw

Vasto said:
HTC Vive ftw

Some reports have been.. The HTC Vive Pre will be $799.. so .. maybe not FTW..  

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

$599 is pretty affordable. People don't understand your PC needs to actually be good to run this. This is the premium Vr experience and not the console version. I don't even think Vr is interesting enough to buy one on my own, for the first iteration at least, but I'd still like to try it and read about its progress to see if it actually makes a mark.

Seriously, this is too much. There is no way the mass market will buy it, and it hasn't exactly proven itself yet. Plus you need a capable PC.