By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Oculus Rift.. $599 US - Ships in March.. UDPATE: Now MAY

0815user said:
ok that pretty much confirms that playstation vr will be not cheaper than 499$. i knew that the internetspeculations of an 299$ vr headset were nothing more than wishful thinking.

Sony now has a possible advantage.. Price it at $399 even.. and it comes off as a deal.    He said "console" price..  so PS4 launch price hopefully.. and NOT PS3 launch price. lol 

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Around the Network

Has nothing to do with it but you could buy 2x Star Wars PS4 bundles for this price in the UK they are £249 each or 2x Gears of War bundles + Halo 5 for £499 as they are £238 per bundle + £34 Halo 5 as a context.

If Sony could hit that $350 PSVR price mark which going by console prices could mean a £249- £299 that would mean you could grab a Star Wars PS4 bundle + PSVR for £499 and works out of the box with the PS4 hardware which is the same as this headset which also requires a Graphics card at £450+ as a minimum without even thinking about the rest your rig.

Maybe PSVR is also going to cost a lot more than most people though as well so not sure.

Honestly, if I wasn't planning on buying psvr, I'd definitely get this. It's such an amazing experience that I think it's worth the money.

0815user said:
ok that pretty much confirms that playstation vr will be not cheaper than 499$. i knew that the internetspeculations of an 299$ vr headset were nothing more than wishful thinking.

Sony is a tech giant, one thing they know is how to make hardware.

Theres will easily be the lowest priced. 

Wait, was it actually quickly delayed or was the March info a fluke?

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
Wait, was it actually quickly delayed or was the March info a fluke?

No.. March units sold out in 13 minutes..  now April..  

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

0815user said:

Except for no. Sony themselves stated that they wanted psvr to be priced similarly to a typical console platform. That falls within $250-$400 if you ask me, especially considering the fact that Sony is keenly aware of what overpricing this product will do at launch.

On one last note, Sony is through and through an electronics hardware company that undoubedtly has better affiliates and hardware vendors to pick from than OR (cheaper too, I'm sure). Couple that with  they aren't afraid to loss lead and with this being the product launh of a potential technological revolution, I think we have a very strong possibility of a price tag that's less than or equal to $350.

fuuuuuuck this crushes my hopes of PSVR being less then 350$ lol

Don't want. Same goes for psvr if priced about the same.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Counting inflation $600 in 06 is $715 and 2015 $600 is 2006 $500.
Got a march preorder in :D

Sony makes their OWN OLEDS as well so their price should be much less. 

Though I do wonder with the external processor if it might be around $450-$550