By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Oculus Rift.. $599 US - Ships in March.. UDPATE: Now MAY

itsFizz said:

I don´t know, if all of that stuff is really included but somebody broke down the 600$ pricetag to this:
$60 - Xbox One Controller
$25 - Xbox Wireless Adapter
$95 - Tracking Camera
$30 - Oculus Remote
$60 - Eve Valkyrie
$30 - Lucky's Tale
$300 - Oculus Rift headset
If this is true or somewhat close then Oculus/Facebook seriously fucked up this launch...How bout nope to xbox controller? nope to wireless adapter? nope to eve? nope to lucky´s tale? Hell even the Camera isn´t neccessary...

Yeah, it kinda is, how do you think tracking works - without it, headset becomes just a head on a stick - this way you can actually move forward/backward or lean left/right, which is a big part of experience.

Around the Network
itsFizz said:

I don´t know, if all of that stuff is really included but somebody broke down the 600$ pricetag to this:
$95 - Tracking Camera
$30 - Oculus Remote
$60 - Eve Valkyrie
$30 - Lucky's Tale
If this is true or somewhat close then Oculus/Facebook seriously fucked up this launch...How bout nope to xbox controller? nope to wireless adapter? nope to eve? nope to lucky´s tale? Hell even the Camera isn´t neccessary...

Not even close microsoft are in a partnership and sell the controller and adapter close to cost of production if not below, same goes with the games theyre just promotion items and cost them nothing,

HoloDust said:
itsFizz said:

$95 - Tracking Camera
$30 - Oculus Remote
$60 - Eve Valkyrie
$30 - Lucky's Tale

Yeah, it kinda is, how do you think tracking works - without it, headset becomes just a head on a stick - this way you can actually move forward/backward or lean left/right, which is a big part of experience.

You do not need the camera to play a game in VR. Does the camera enhance the experience? yes, but it is not neccessary.

Yup...RO friggin rocked  
itsFizz said:

$95 - Tracking Camera
$30 - Oculus Remote
$60 - Eve Valkyrie
$30 - Lucky's Tale

itsFizz said:

$95 - Tracking Camera
$30 - Oculus Remote
$60 - Eve Valkyrie
$30 - Lucky's Tale

There's no way the bolded is even remote close to those numbers. The XB1 controler and Wireless Adapter are probably something like total production costs + $5, Eve Valkyrie is probably something small like $10 and since Lucky's Tale is Oculus exclusive it is probably part of the deal Oculus and the devs made, I'd say $5 tops.

When game companies bundle 3rd party products such as those 4 products with their product they never pay full price, not even close.

Around the Network
itsFizz said:

You do not need the camera to play a game in VR. Does the camera enhance the experience? yes, but it is not neccessary.

Yeah, technically, you don't need it, but then you have lesser experience - as I said, without tracking what you have is a head on a stick that can look everywhere around itself, but can't move anywhere - and the feel of you moving slightly in your chair while, let's say, chasing TIE fighters in Battle of Endor to better see where they are and game rendering that is quite something.

i'm not interested in oculus rift yet, but i don't find this price ridiculous high, its just high as expected. i'm gonna chose the PSVR since i have a ps4 and all the peripherals needed for PSVR to work and the headset alone will be priced lower than this IMO.

can't wait to do some laps in Nurburgring in VR

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

$600 for Oculus Rift? Sony could bundle PS4 & PSVR for $700!

AEGRO said:
i

Apparently thats what Microsoft does. 

PS VR briefly listed on Amazon Canada for $799 USD.. Sony responds says "No pricing announced, was posted in Error"...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/01/07/playstation-vr-listed-for-800-on-amazon-canada-pre-order-page/

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m