By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Oculus Rift.. $599 US - Ships in March.. UDPATE: Now MAY

Shipping in June now.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

Not saying the PSVR will be an instant success and sell tens of millions, but it definitely seems like it's going to rule the VR roost.

Just like it will rule all markets and destroy all competiton right?.

Guess I better pack my bags early if PC gaming is super fucked =P.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrVvk3ahjao

Oh My! That would be around $700AUD here in Australia............ Thats like 2 PS4s with games!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Chazore said:
thismeintiel said:

Not saying the PSVR will be an instant success and sell tens of millions, but it definitely seems like it's going to rule the VR roost.

Just like it will rule all markets and destroy all competiton right?.

Guess I better pack my bags early if PC gaming is super fucked =P.

Didn't know VR is all PC gaming had to offer. Good to know.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

Sounds like an all in basket when you think a social network handed over a market (that doesn't exist yet)that apparently becomes the new end all to be all which is also good to know.

Besides PC's cost a lot according to what you say so why bother with the platform eh?. I mean it's not like you think PC gaming (Or even PCVR) offers anything really.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Yep, I figured VR was dead on arrival!

It solves none of the problems introduced by 3D TV's but instead makes them worse. It further increases the barrier of entry as well as decreasing the ease of use making VR simply not consumer friendly, and this isn't even factoring in the required gaming PC which can handle the processing required to give a good VR experience.

VR will end up being nothing more than a novelty for some enthusiasts but nothing more, just like 3D TV's, 3D gaming on PC and PS3 was, short lived before death as the industry moved on. At best, depending on Price, the PSVR for the PS4 may give VR a blip on the consumer radar but in terms of adoption and sales i'm predicting no more success than the original Kinect. In other words, a fad that came and went but never stayed.

You want the future? You want the technology that actually solves the problems of VR and 3D before it? Then holographic display technology is what you are after!

This technology has made jumps and leaps, and once it enters the consumer electronics market, it will be that 'First colour' TV moment all over again, that's what I'm predicting. Sure it will be expensive, but unlike VR it will be a shared experience that all in 1 room can enjoy, it would also be no different than setting up a TV and blu-ray player is now, and this is a huge win for the mass consumers who aren't tech savy, so a high price would be a much easier sell seeing all the value add that can be actually advertised with it, much like how Top TV manufactures are pushing 4k displays now.

Also, the way I see it, holographic displays could lead to full holodecks just like in startreck, sure it may be limited to certain venues, but wouldn't it be friggin awesome to enter one? I think it would be much better than putting on a dopey VR helmet and looking like retards, at least in a Holodecks you'll look normal while having the same fun....that's just me though.

Japanese Researchers Are Making Holograms You Can Touch
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/119671/20151229/japanese-researchers-making-holograms-touch.htm

Chazore said:
thismeintiel said:

Sounds like an all in basket when you think a social network handed over a market (that doesn't exist yet)that apparently becomes the new end all to be all which is also good to know.

Besides PC's cost a lot according to what you say so why bother with the platform eh?. I mean it's not like you think PC gaming (Or even PCVR) offers anything really.

Seems you know me better than I do.  Now I just need to figure out why I have Steam and GOG accounts, since I find no value in PC gaming.

There's no reason to get so worked up just because so many prefer console gaming.

thismeintiel said:

Seems you know me better than I do.  Now I just need to figure out why I have Steam and GOG accounts, since I find no value in PC gaming.

There's no reason to get so worked up just because so many prefer console gaming.

Excuse me for not knowing what with the gearing of Sony, the avatar, the sig, the gap. (checking your profile doesn't tell me anything PC wise besides a PS profile and your sig and everything else don't really tell me anything either, first time you've let me know without anything else tbh).

I'm not worked up at all, I'm just a bit bored of seeing the same song and dance time and time again, makes me wonder why people on here don't just finish the final note and get it over with, it's almost like people elude singing the last note due to possible judgement being cast down, maybe that's why we're seeing all but the last note being sung per recital.

I wonder how many units they stocked for pre-orders