By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has sold through 35.9million units as of January 3rd!

Greatness awaits.

Around the Network

So 17.7 million for the calendar year, very impressive indeed. Console's usually peak in their second year so 2015 is as good as its going to get in regards to ps4 sales.

celador said:
Wow, that's like, 18 million per exclusive

You mean per game. 

Wow impressive and VGChartz is very accurate too.
Just 600k away and one week is still missing.

Metroid33slayer said:
So 17.7 million for the calendar year, very impressive indeed. Console's usually peak in there second year so 2015 is as good as its going to get in regards to ps4 sales.

It wouldn't surprise me to see 2016 higher. It has a pretty solid list of exclusives releasing throughout the year, PS VR could potentially be a system seller along the lines of the original Kinect, Japan has its big hitters releasing, price will be lower throughout the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

36 million consoles sold without ONE.SINGLE.GAME on the platform. What the hell is wrong with this world?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Metroid33slayer said:

So 17.7 million for the calendar year, very impressive indeed. Console's usually peak in their second year so 2015 is as good as its going to get in regards to ps4 sales.

?????

Consoles usually peak in their third year not their second year. That aside, the PS4s pesk year will be the year it gets down to $199, or if that happens at the end of a year, it will be the year following that. 

Damn.... 100k shy of my prediction. Well, they did say over 35.9M.... so who knows...

zorg1000 said:
Metroid33slayer said:
So 17.7 million for the calendar year, very impressive indeed. Console's usually peak in there second year so 2015 is as good as its going to get in regards to ps4 sales.

It wouldn't surprise me to see 2016 higher. It has a pretty solid list of exclusives releasing throughout the year, PS VR could potentially be a system seller along the lines of the original Kinect, Japan has its big hitters releasing, price will be lower throughout the year.

But you also have to factor in that most of the people that want a ps4 have already got one. I remember people saying that 3ds would sell gangbusters in 2013 because of poke'mon x & y, monster hunter 4, zelda ALBW and animal crossing etc. It actually sold worse than the previous year when there were no huge exclusives.

And i got it wrong it actually sold 17.4 million for the year. For some reason i thought it sold 18.2 million at the beginning of jan 2015 but it was at 18.5 million.

Roronaa_chan said:
Viktor said:
So in other words PS4 was slightly overtracked here at vgchartz. But imo close enough, I guess.

No, it wasn't.

I see, Dec.12 refers just to the weekly sales-

New Hot Shots Golf (working title)- glad to see the shout out. I'm looking forward to this