By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Updated: Rumor: No AssCreed this year, going to Egypt for a The Witcher approach

So basically what they are doing is rework the planned reboot of Prince of Persia from a couple of years ago and turning it into a AC game.

Around the Network

loooooooooool whhy are people believing 4chan?

Darwinianevolution said:

They are looking all over history books to find another profitable time period. And a new AC will come this year, it sells well as a yearly franchise, regardless of bugs or dlc.

Eventually they will reach a point where they will either scrape the scaps of non important battles/history or go with present/future times, either way the franchise is pretty milked at this point and it's really starting to show.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

That's good news, everybody knows AC needs a rest. Plus, Egypt is an amazing place with rich and mysterious culture/past... I'm sure the game will look stunning.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

If this is true, how I imagine the discussion went at Ubisoft:
"So The Witcher 3 came out to incredible reception, definitely a GOTY contender, and the best part? The developer doesn't intend to return to The Witcher series for an undetermined period of time."

"Steal all of the ideas?"

"Steal all of the ideas."

Around the Network

Empire eh? Perhaps it's about the Roman Conquest of Egypt, and the Romans being the Templars, and the Assassins being the Egyptians hiding their ancient Egyptian assassin relic from the Templars. Actually you know what, I'm bookmarking this prediction and coming back to it later, if the rumor turns out to be true.
At the same time, it very well could stray away from the Templar storyline quite a bit and focus more on the character like Black Flag did. They did say complete revamp too......
How can they make it better? Well the things you listed sound intriguing, but it won't be enough. If they want a complete revamp they are going to have to remove the terrible and confusing Animus - along with all the bad modern day missions.
Also, you gotta make us feel like we're in that world Ubisoft. That's how you get your critical acclaim.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

If this is true then this makes me very very happy! They finally realize we want quality.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

I will not allow this series to die until I get my Assassin's Creed set in feudal Japan. ( Sengoku jidai period)

So... New AssCreed The Witcher Style??? :O!!! IN EGYPT??

Maybe a SOLD!!

In Sony We Trust!

a revamp for the series would be awesome. its VERY much needed. and taking inspiration from The Witcher 3 would be amazing. making it bi-annual would also be much better for the series. with AC syndicate, AC sales doped significantly. they need to give the franchise some time.

An Egypt setting also sounds pretty good.i hope it has a dialogue system similar to TW3 as well.