By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US January monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

2 new Xbox One bundles announced:

The first one: a 1TB Black XB1 with Rainbow Six: Siege (disc) and download copies of Rainbow Six: Vegas and Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (both 360 BC) for $399, available now.

And the 2nd one: a 500GB Black XB1 with a game of your choice from the following list: Forza Motorsport 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition or Rare Replay. $349, coming at the end of January in the US. The bundle is officially called the "Name Your Game" bundle.

I'm personally amazed that the Name Your game bundle doesn't have Halo 5 and Fallout 4 as options.

Around the Network

13 hours since last update:

#09 PS4 Black Ops Standard Bundle (up 1)
#32 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 6)
#38 N3DS Black (up 10)
#41 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 3)
#100 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (re-entry)

The PS5 Exists. 

Price parity shows PS4 will keep rolling

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Tag.

Shadow1980 said:

Even though January is starting off with things very lopsided in Sony's favor, I still think this will be an interesting month. To quote myself from the other day in the December thread:

"While January is usually a fairly boring month, I think it can provide some insight on how well the XBO can continue to sustain itself at $350, and what effects on market share the PS4 being reduced to $350 as well will have. This is the first time the PS4 and XBO have been at price parity outside the holidays for an entire month since October 2014, but this time the PS4 was the one with the most recent price cut."

I expect sales to be up YoY for Sony Q4, unless uncharted delay messes with things.

Around the Network

10 hours since last update:

#09 PS4 Black Ops Standard Bundle (same)
#26 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 15)
#28 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 4)
#46 N3DS Black (down 8)
#98 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (re-entry)

The PS5 Exists. 

i expected new bundles from MS. that name your game bundle is pretty good. pretty much a forza or tomb raider bundle.

i doubt we will see a stand alone console going forward, for either the PS4 or XB1.

Shadow1980 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

10 hours since last update:

#26 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 15)
#28 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 4)
#46 N3DS Black (down 8)
#98 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (re-entry)

Back to the PS4 definitely for sure outselling the XBO over 2:1. The NPD gap probably won't be 2:1, but it should still be pretty damn big. I'm gonna say 200k for the XBO and 275-300k for the PS4.

This is when you know Christmas is over ...

The PS5 Exists. 

6 hours since last update:

#23 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 3)
#28 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#44 N3DS Black (up 2)
#100 WiiU Mario Kart Bundle (same)

The PS5 Exists. 

TAG!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23