By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So glad Xenoblade X does not support amiibo

Despite having a lot of content, Xenoblade Chronicles X have everything in its own disc. I dont have to pay anything more to enjoy all the content developed for the game. Just bought the game and put in my console.

I hope in the future other big games like Zelda do this.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Nintendo has been doing this always. There are a select few gamzs such as mk8 and smash bros where dlc is clearly there. And there are a select games such as hyrule warriors where u can get skins.

Nintendo didnt rip off like games: evolved, mortal kombat x, dead or alive, u know dem games

Dont get me started about destiny

Or elders scrolls online claiming to be a full game once at lv35 becomes a pay to win game even rho you bought it full price

Pavolink said:

Despite having a lot of content, Xenoblade Chronicles X have everything in its own disc. I dont have to pay anything more to enjoy all the content developed for the game. Just bought the game and put in my console.

Still, I wouldn't mind if, now that the game is out, they announced dlc that unlocks cool skins or whatever based on amiibo if people want to use it. Personally, with a game like Xenoblade, I'd prefer the world stay true to itself and not have random Bowsers roaming around instead of giant animals lol.

spurgeonryan said:
It would be alright if they had. Aren't there amiibo Xenoblade characters already?

Only Xenoblade amiibo is the Shulk amiibo from Smash Bros, and even then, he's not a character in XCX.

OT: Yeah, the way they shoehorned in amiibo support in XC3D was dumb, so I'm glad there isn't anything similar in this game.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Really? I thought the Shulk Amiibo did something...

Around the Network

Yeah the fact that you buy this game and get everything on disc is nuts for this day and age!

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

If the game had amiibo support, it would be exactly the same game but with some little extra thing more. Terrible...

Thank fuck.
Bayonetta 2 and Fatal Frame was also thankfully free of this blight. If I'd had to buy a Fox Amiibo just to play as the Arwing in that shooter section of Bayonetta, I would've been pissed.

Hiku said:
Goodnightmoon said:

If the game had amiibo support, it would be exactly the same game but with some little extra thing more. Terrible...

Or it would be the same game, minus some feature that they decide to lock behind the Amiibo paywall.
It's naive to think that they always create the DLC as something extra. And when I say they, I mean developers in general.

Some times it's easy to tell when it's extra post initial development DLC, such as in Smash Bros and Mario Kart. Other times, the distiction is not as easy to make.

No, there is nothing even remotely related to any amiibo on Xenoblade X, nothing on the content on the game fits to that purpose, so if they would have included amiibo compatibility they would have to add some extra stuff related with that amiibo, as every other game with amiibo compatibility does. 

Everybody loves to nitpick a lot about amiibo for what they could be instead for what they actually are, but the reality is, besides minor exceptions (Mario party 10 has one little lame mode that people play for 10 minutes locked behind amiibo and animal crossing af needs it, they are included with the game though) amiibo has not supposed any kind of restriction in my gaming experience at all, absolutely 0, I dont even have those exceptions I mentioned, no game uses amiibo in a substantial way at all, but here we fall over and over again in the demagogy of "OH, that kirby skin is locked behind an amiibo?? Nintendo is making me pay 12$ more for having a complete experience", NO, thats a fools argument that the Op of this thread falls constantly in.

Pavolink said:

In Japan this game came with day one dlc that was pricey. Luckily we got the character dlc for free. And I like extra content made past launch. Smash didn't need it but it sure is nice having extra characters.