By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One: Where Are The Cons?

The_BlackHeart__ said:

But lets be honest, there is a reason why XBox has always ended 3rd in each generation they have participated in.

The first Xbox finished 2nd, beating the Gamecube.

Around the Network

Without being biased due to only owning an Xbox One, the consumer would be missing out more games on Xbox than if they owned...say...PS4. If the consumer wants a diverse console, the PS4 would be it. If the consumer wants a restricted console, then Xbox(and Wii U) would be it. That's just my take.

Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

I have a huge backlog of games so I could care less how many X1 exclusives where released this year the only two I will/have played in the year they where released are the F&F standalone game for Horizon 2 and Forza 6 and I'm fully aware that only one of those was a true exclusive since I also played the F&F standalone game for Horizon 2 on my 360.

So X1 have less exclusives in 2015 than PS3? That isn't very good.

Not really I still going to play Rise of the Tomb Raider and Ori and the Blind Forest eventually.  Also in FM6 I put in over 200 hours just in drive time so even with just one game my gaming wants and needs where more then fulfilled on the X1 in 2015.  Also if I actually cared for FPS and online gaming I'm sure I could play Halo 5 just as much.

I see, but that still don't invalidate the point. Anyway, have a lot of fun with the games you like.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

People, people, calm down. He's just doing his job.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Things have actually been quite civil so far, but..
Surely, this entire thread is just flame bait.

Around the Network
Landguy said:
Torillian said:

I think the most objective con one can claim (since I think that's the only thing Jega would ever accept) is that the thing is gigantic, and then somehow also has a giant brick that you need to accommodate as well. I assume MS really wanted to avoid any overheating mishaps, but they seemed to have overdone things a bit.

MS was planning on the "biggest shrink in size" award for the release of the smaller version next year.  They figured they might not win anything else this gen...

True even without any die shinkage the X1 already could be a lot smaller.  They could at least reduce it by as much as the final versions of the PS3 and 360 already which pretty much used the sames hardware as the original slims of both consoles but just got smaller by rearranging the hardware inside and in the case of the PS3 super slim also changing it to a top loader from a slot loader.

Obviously its weaker than the ps4 and it lacks japanese support. Its also the console with the least exclusives not avaible on pc. Its like PS2 vs Xbox but taking away the more power and most exclusives on Xbox

DonFerrari said:

I see, but that still don't invalidate the point. Anyway, have a lot of fun with the games you like.

Plus I might eventually play Gears of War Ultimate Edition also but I have to start and finish 2, 3 and maybe even Judgement first.  So yeah there are more then enough exclusives on the X1 this year plus I like achievemts more then trophies so I don't mind playing 3rd party games on the X1 either as a matter of fact I still have to finish the Resident Evil remake.  So given all that it invalides your point since I don't really play 3rd party games on the PS3 and the only ones from 2015 I will play is Tales of Zesteria and Yakuza 5 (even though in my book its a 2012 game).  On top of all that I totally forgot about Rare replay if you count all the games included in that colection the PS3 doesn't even come close even though only about half of the games in the collection are worth playing for a long time unless you are super nostalgic.

Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

Not really I still going to play Rise of the Tomb Raider and Ori and the Blind Forest eventually.  Also in FM6 I put in over 200 hours just in drive time so even with just one game my gaming wants and needs where more then fulfilled on the X1 in 2015.  Also if I actually cared for FPS and online gaming I'm sure I could play Halo 5 just as much.

Plus I might eventually play Gears of War Ultimate Edition also but I have to start and finish 2, 3 and maybe even Judgement first.  So yeah there are more then enough exclusives on the X1 this year plus I like achievemts more then trophies so I don't mind playing 3rd party games on the X1 either as a matter of fact I still have to finish the Resident Evil remake.  So given all that it invalides your point since I don't really play 3rd party games on the PS3 and the only ones from 2015 I will play is Tales of Zesteria and Yakuza 5 (even though in my book its a 2012 game).  On top of all that I totally forgot about Rare replay if you count all the games included in that colection the PS3 doesn't even come close even though only about half of the games in the collection are worth playing for a long time unless you are super nostalgic.

Yep, Halo MCC and Gears can make you have several hours of enjoyment.

And why would you preffer achievements over trophies if they are basically the same thing??? (I preffer trophies only for the fact that it shows how many games you have conquered), but if you look at your ranking it won't make a difference.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

How about it's gigantic size? The system and power brick together are unnecessarily large, given Sony was able to not only engineer a system that is more powerful, but do so much more efficiently as it concerns girth. And BTW...Thanks for the post. It reads like a pamphlet for the XBO.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."