By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One: Where Are The Cons?

Probably mostly due to the fact that I played a 360 and unlocked achievments long before I played my first PS3 games and earned my first throphy.  Also achievements where better integrated into the 360 since every game execpt for indies had them since the launch of the console.  On the PS3 there are a lot of early games that didn't have trophies and almost none of them got patched for them later even though it would have been super easy especially for third party games since they usually have the same achievements and trophies.  Plus that you have to sync up your throphies is a minor incovience but as far as I know you no longer have to do that on the PS4.

Around the Network

To be fair, the xbox one is a good console but a console's main purpose is to play games. MS produces the least amount of exclusive games out of the big three yearly and it severely lacks games in certain genres. It also doesn't beat the other two in terms of quality or ratings in games either.

I might play the MCC eventually but only the single player campaigns since I never played any FPS online.  I rarely play any FPS I played Doom 1 and 2 a bit on various consoles and the third one a bit on the original X Box.  I beat Halo 2 on the original X Box.  I beat Bioshock and Condemned2: Bloodshot on the 360.  I'm close to beating Bioshock Infinite on the 360 and I started but never finished Halo 3 on the 360.  I might start the first Condemned game soon on the 360.  Besides those games I also played the demo for Call of Duty 2 on the 360 for a couple of minutes around the time the 360 first launched at a store that is my entire history when it comes to first person shooters.

All consoles for me are measured by one simple criteria: the games.

I don't hate Xbox, but it just doesn't have games I want that I cannot get elsewhere and it misses out on tons of games I want. I can forgive all sorts of things on a console, but if it lacks games I want it is a fancy paper weight.

It costs basically the same and you're stuck with inferior versions of all games available on both for YEARS. So either you're buying just for the exclusives or you're settling for those inferior versions because you're comfortable. It's not that it does anything bad per se, just that the competition does many things BETTER and costs basically the same.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

Probably mostly due to the fact that I played a 360 and unlocked achievments long before I played my first PS3 games and earned my first throphy.  Also achievements where better integrated into the 360 since every game execpt for indies had them since the launch of the console.  On the PS3 there are a lot of early games that didn't have trophies and almost none of them got patched for them later even though it would have been super easy especially for third party games since they usually have the same achievements and trophies.  Plus that you have to sync up your throphies is a minor incovience but as far as I know you no longer have to do that on the PS4.

I see.. on mine PS4 I have to sync new trophies (takes like 10seconds) but it won't be that painfull 10 minutes everyime I got to trophies on PS3.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Chris Hu said:

I might play the MCC eventually but only the single player campaigns since I never played any FPS online.  I rarely play any FPS I played Doom 1 and 2 a bit on various consoles and the third one a bit on the original X Box.  I beat Halo 2 on the original X Box.  I beat Bioshock and Condemned2: Bloodshot on the 360.  I'm close to beating Bioshock Infinite on the 360 and I started but never finished Halo 3 on the 360.  I might start the first Condemned game soon on the 360.  Besides those games I also played the demo for Call of Duty 2 on the 360 for a couple of minutes around the time the 360 first launched at a store that is my entire history when it comes to first person shooters.

I also don't play MP and have little to no interest in shooters but for collection sake I bought all Halo and Gear games on X360, still need to play them though, but too many games on PS4 (some good indies with 75% off included) and not enough time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

I see.. on mine PS4 I have to sync new trophies (takes like 10seconds) but it won't be that painfull 10 minutes everyime I got to trophies on PS3.

So it still has throphy syncing then but as long as its faster then on the PS3 its not a big problem.

I see post like this and worse on this site everyday, praising the ps4 and usually trashing Xbox, telling how the line up of one is going to puke shit on the lineup of the other, and how ps4 is the better console with the better line up, and nobody is allowed to think otherwise. Is funny how this thread is being called "propaganda" and "flamebait".

Honestly, the topic is dull and naive written, maybe on purpose, but praising the Xbox (even ignoring or minimizing the flaws) is not a flamebait.

Tim and The Princes...

I do play online games once in a while but mainly only racing games and third person shooters.