By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One: Where Are The Cons?

The beginnig of the Beetle started with the Porsche Type 12 which was produced in 1931 so there is actually a pretty decent size time gap between it and the first Ferrari.

Around the Network

All consoles have flaws, just depends on an individuals tastes.

For Xbone you could easily point to power (it's weaker than PS4), price (it shouldn't cost the same as a PS4), indie games (not that many have been amazing or anything this gen, but MS ruled this category with an iron fist last gen) and of course library could be a con if you're into Japanese games. Among others. For many a con for the Xbone is it requires Internet and can't play used/rented games. Idk if abysmal MS marketing counts as a con though.

The worst con of the Xbox One is its fanboys.

Reasons that are my opinions and reasons i won't own one:

Less gaming power but consumes more electricity, replacing internal hdd voids warranty, controller uses AA batteries, i hate the thumbstick layout as well, never has as broad of a range of great games

LivingMetal said:

That's the case for all consoles.

Around the Network
Sixteenvolt420 said:
Reasons that are my opinions and reasons i won't own one:

Less gaming power but consumes more electricity, replacing internal hdd voids warranty, controller uses AA batteries, i hate the thumbstick layout as well, never has as broad of a range of great games

I don't get the issue with the internal HDD. You can use an external HDD if you want.

In fact, the lack of this feature on the PS4 is, to me, one of its few cons.

Hynad said:
LivingMetal said:

nahh xbox especially.  the pew pew pew call swat on you casue you beat me in cod or halo types are a special bunch. 

Armour1 said:
Hynad said:
LivingMetal said:

nahh xbox especially.  the pew pew pew call swat on you casue you beat me in cod or halo types are a special bunch. 

It happens in all competitive online games, regardless of the system you game on. That's not exclusive to XBox, nor is it worse on it. 

hershel_layton said:
JustBeingReal said:
It's about 2X bigger than the competition, so it will take up way more space on the TV unit.
It has an inferior GPU and memory when compared to it's nearest competitor.
It's more expensive.
The packed in controller is inferior to the competition.
The system doesn't have anywhere near as many exclusives, be it games that are either outright exclusive to that one system or games that you can't get on the rival system.
Fewer and less established 1st party developers, with much less acclaim than the competition.
Smaller install base, thus the online community is way smaller than PS4.
MS doesn't seem to care to sort many of these issues out.
MS are all talk and no action.
No ability to swap out the internal HDD for a new one.
Weaker multiplats than PS4.

The cons seem absolutely clear, personally I've been open to MS showing me games that may interest me, but it's mostly the same old milked stuff, very little fresh ideas and practically nothing new from 1st party.
It doesn't have Horizon Zero Dawn (which has been outright stated to be coming next year), no Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank coming, along with amazing things like Dreams.
No No Man's Sky, no Bloodborne, no Tearaway Unfolded, no Driveclub, tonnes more you just can't play on it.
Lack of Sony's quality 1st party studios, that have been baking tonnes of exclusives and thinking about how to step up their game.

Hell even Wii U actually has a far bigger line-up of exclusives and other bonuses, like a cheaper price, smaller box, the Tablet Screen, rechargeable controllers. Nintendo's quality and proven studios.

I'd definitely buy a Wii U before I'd get an XB1 as my 2nd console. As for this nonsense about saying your PS4 has been gathering dust, I don't buy it. People don't spend money on something they have no interest in, especially a console, which quite frankly you could take that money and buy more multiplats for your XB1 or whatever system you game on, just buy more games for your chosen platform.

Just my personal perspective on the matter.

I don't see how the size makes a difference.

It's a box for god's sake. You can easily position it to make it as hidden as possible.

Of course size makes a difference, it's a machine with a GPU significantly weaker than what's in PS4, a good 40% less tech than in that machine, so the GPU section of it's SOC should use 40% less power than PS4's 18CU GPU. At the least XB1 should be no thicker than PS4 and a good 20% narrower than PS4 and the same depth.

There shouldn't be an external power brick either, that's just untidy looking.

I have a huge TV stand, a good 4 inches wider than my 50inch Panasonic Plasma TV I bought in 2010, it's more than 4 feet wide, about 18 inches deep and you know what, it's open, because I like having my tech on display, I'm not hiding it away, I like to look at it and I like to be able to access it quickly.

For me it's not about hiding your devices. I want a machine that's not big and bulky, I already a bunch of consoles, my receiver, the TV's foot stand (which is black glass, looks awesome). MS should have designed their machine to be as economically designed as possible, Sony did, as did Nintendo, in spite of using 40-45nm parts. MS used 28nm tech, just like Sony, there's literally no reason why their console should be bigger than PS4, in fact it should be somewhere between PS4 and Wii U in size. Parts should have scaled down by now, at least to 20nm, with a reasonable redesign XB1 should be at least half the size of a launch PS4 by now.

DonFerrari said:
hershel_layton said:
JustBeingReal said:
It's about 2X bigger than the competition, so it will take up way more space on the TV unit.
It has an inferior GPU and memory when compared to it's nearest competitor.
It's more expensive.
The packed in controller is inferior to the competition.
The system doesn't have anywhere near as many exclusives, be it games that are either outright exclusive to that one system or games that you can't get on the rival system.
Fewer and less established 1st party developers, with much less acclaim than the competition.
Smaller install base, thus the online community is way smaller than PS4.
MS doesn't seem to care to sort many of these issues out.
MS are all talk and no action.
No ability to swap out the internal HDD for a new one.
Weaker multiplats than PS4.

The cons seem absolutely clear, personally I've been open to MS showing me games that may interest me, but it's mostly the same old milked stuff, very little fresh ideas and practically nothing new from 1st party.
It doesn't have Horizon Zero Dawn (which has been outright stated to be coming next year), no Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank coming, along with amazing things like Dreams.
No No Man's Sky, no Bloodborne, no Tearaway Unfolded, no Driveclub, tonnes more you just can't play on it.
Lack of Sony's quality 1st party studios, that have been baking tonnes of exclusives and thinking about how to step up their game.

Hell even Wii U actually has a far bigger line-up of exclusives and other bonuses, like a cheaper price, smaller box, the Tablet Screen, rechargeable controllers. Nintendo's quality and proven studios.

I'd definitely buy a Wii U before I'd get an XB1 as my 2nd console. As for this nonsense about saying your PS4 has been gathering dust, I don't buy it. People don't spend money on something they have no interest in, especially a console, which quite frankly you could take that money and buy more multiplats for your XB1 or whatever system you game on, just buy more games for your chosen platform.

Just my personal perspective on the matter.

don't see how the size makes a difference.

It's a box for god's sake. You can easily position it to make it as hidden as possible.

Yes, very reasonable to shape your living room to make room for a console instead of buying a console that fits your needs.

LOL exactly, it's times like these I wish VGChartz had a like or thumbs up option.

++++++ :D