By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It seems like some people got the misconception of what Square Enix meant "episodic"

Tagged games:

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Nem said:

Though if that is what they did(just graphid upgrade and other enhancements), i would be fine with it. Don't act like that is not the proper way to make a remake. RE remake is just that and is loved by gaming communities at large besides the dumb "tank controls" criticism.

Square is taking a new road. Wether its better or not remains to be seen, but regardless of that, it will never be able to emulate the experience of the original, so, as a remake it has already failed. Doesnt mean it can't be a decent game though.

Oh and no doubt the first part will be just midgar. Also, Vincent and Yuffie are bonus characters (they would be sold as DLC these days). So, thats why they arent an integral part of tge story.

It is for me, for square and for a LOT of other people. If i wanted a thing like re remake i would buy the ff 7 pc version and install the mods that some people made.

That is besides the point. What is accomplished in the PC version is not a remake. And i don't know why you would feel so insecure about it that you need the support of "a lot of people". Alot of people agree with me aswell, but i only talk for myself.

What square is making isnt a remake, its a reboot.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Nem said:

That is besides the point. What is accomplished in the PC version is not a remake. And i don't know why you would feel so insecure about it that you need the support of "a lot of people". Alot of people agree with me aswell, but i only talk for myself.

What square is making isnt a remake, its a reboot.

"Don't act like that is not the proper way to make a remake" 

you the one acting like your opinion is the correct one and ours is not the " proper " way.

I don't think the definition of remake is merely my opinion. This is really spyraling completely off-topic from my post wich was about the episodic structure. This debate of remake/reboot already happened when the trailer was revealed. Lets not go back to it. 

peterdavid12345 said:

Why would Square Enix broke the game in 2 parts ??? when they can just expanding it like they DID with other Final Fantasy games ? It's just bad business and they know dangz well :P.

I'm pretty sure Episodic means multiple parts like Final Fantasy X-2 and FFXIII-2 and Lighting Returns.

So yeah, just chill out guys, I'm sure Square Enix is not gonna abuse it.

No guys, don't chill out.  Keep worrying.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"