By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Ads are out of hand

Yeah, i've considered it, mainly because of this site. Some sites, i don't mind them, but this site is out of control, for sure.

Around the Network

The video ads make it almost impossible for me to access the site while being on work.

Okay, you could argue that I should rather be working than visiting VGC, but I won't let that count

Agree wholeheartedly.

The video adds are the devil. More often than not they break the site. It also made me use adblockers.

It has been said a few times tho, the site owner doesn't pick out the adverts which appear here, all he does is rent the space on the site to an ad firm who then fill that space with adverts, while it's in both the site and the ad firms best interest to keep the adverts from being obnoxious to the point where we block them... there is little that the admins on here can do about the actual shit ones, like videos with audio.
I agree tho, those are just terrible, especially if you're trying to watch something while browsing or if you happen to have speakers set up a little loud... sudden blasting music from the browser is just pathetic and is going to head straight to adblock land.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It's not happening now but sometimes, there is an ad that covers up the reply box when I use my phone's keyboard. I can't even see what I'm typing when that happens!

Around the Network

this site made me install and adblocker. I have never ever needed one before. I could torlerate ads and was ahppy for sites to make some cash off me.

but this site cause crashes, spyware popups etc. I got to a point where it slowed down my experience on here.

this is like the billionth thread about ads (i actually made one). just put ad block. the criticism about the ads on this site have been said a billion times yet ioi just ignores and says its standard.

trust me, ad block.

VGC users without ad blocker

The ads on the site using an android tablet are getting to the point that he site cannot be used without quite an amount of difficulty!

I have to cancel the Pop-up ads that jump about in the background as they cause the site to resize itself and it's extremely irritating! I wish that the ads would be the static only ones and not the background PayPal one, it is the worst!!

AdBlock is a life saver indeed.